in your arms (part 1)

"Raavi, chal na, tujhe office chodke mujhe vendors se meeting hai. Jaldi kar!"

Shiva called out to Raavi, stepping onto the terrace, expecting her to be ready.

But she was just calmly sitting in her palazzo suit, drinking her chai and reading the newspaper.

"Aaramse newspaper toh padhne de, Shiva. Kaunsa superfast express pakadna hai tujhe?!" Raavi chirpily said, sipping her tea.

"Arre yaar, Raavi." Shiva stepped onto the terrace of Pandya House, taking off the clothes from the drying stand.

"Tu newspaper office mein kyu nahi padh sakti, bag mein ghusa aur chal na. Mai keh toh raha hu ki der ho rahi hai, aur tujhe chai ki chuski lagani hai aaramse. Tujhe der nahi ho rahi hai kya, tere office mein toh koi important presentation bhi hai na, jaa tayyari kar. Aur tu bol kyu nahi rahi hai kuch, badbad mai kare jaa raha hu tu-" Shiva turned around, only to find her standing still, staring at the newspaper.

"Kya hua? Moorti kyu bann gayi tu?" Shiva walked over, her expression blank.

He snatched the paper from her hand, to see what was bothering her, and Raavi stepped back, slowly, and began walking down the stairs in a daze.

Shiva glanced over at the paper, something in this had her go eerily silent. What he found, shocked him.

BREAKING NEWS

'Gujarat's biggest contract killer put behind bars'

Ahmedabad: As of Sunday, Gujarat's biggest network of contract killers have been taken down in a special operation by the police force. The head of the network has been put behind bars, and will face court verdict in upcoming sessions.

One of his men upfront committed to his crimes of dealings and murders, specifically mentioning a deal he got, of the famous Mr. Pradeep Joshi and Mrs. Arya Joshi from Surat, business tycoons of developing Gujarat. On enquiring, he revealed that this contract was the last one he ever took, because he was ordered to murder the 10 year old innocent daughter they had, but didn't have the heart to do it.

All the killers involved are currently behind bars, awaiting court verdict.

The newspaper dropped from his hands, as realisation sunk in.

Pradeep Joshi and Arya Joshi were Raavi's parents, who supposedly died in an airplane crash. Which means the 10 year old daughter was.....

Shiva rushed down the stairs hurriedly to find Raavi, heart beating a mile a minute.

"RAAVI!" Shiva called out as he stepped into the aangan, which Raavi walked across, as if her legs were just dragging her wherever they took her.

Shiva ran behind her and threw his arms around her, pulling her to him, back hitting his chest.

"Raavi" Shiva whispered, placing his head on the side of hers.

"Shiva, chod mujhe!" Raavi gritted her teeth, trying to get out of his grasp.

"SHIVA! LEAVE ME!" She slapped his arm repeatedly, thrashing around in hopes he'd leave her.

"Shiva, akela chod mujhe, please, JUST LEAVE ME! CHOD NA MUJHE, SHIVA CHOD NA, LEAVE ME." Raavi sobbed and tried to push his arms away, trying to get out of his hold, but his hold on her just tightened.

All the family members in the aangan were witnessing this, and were thoroughly confused at their behaviour. What was Shiva trying to do, that got Raavi so mad?

"Nahi chod sakta." He whispered back, just wanting her to calm down.

"Chod na, Shiva. Please. Please." She whimpered, going lax in his arms.