Alessandro was a inch shorter than Ares. Ares wore glasses, but Alessandro didn't. Ares was very wise for his age, but he was also athletic. Alessandro was also athletic, but instead of putting his talents to use he chose the lifestyle my father instilled into his mind. As a result, my father frequently compared the two of them, considering Alessandro was a typical daddy's boy who wished to follow in his father's footsteps, unlike Ares, who did not share the same wishes.

"Has your father said anything about the preparation for the ball? He knows how much I hate tardiness," mother glances at Alessandro, before she puts her full attention on the television.

Alessandro clears his throat. "I haven't heard anything, but I'm sure he's gotten everything done."

Alessandro was clearly lying. He knew how much this ball meant to mother, so he didn't want to ruin it for her, so he lied. He lied through his teeth, and I'm sure mother noticed, -but she kept quiet.

Mother always threw a party, which she liked to refer to as a ball. It was a facade to demonstrate how much we "care" about the town. The reality, however, was that my parents didn't care about the town at all. In fact, they did everything in their power to maintain control and stay on top. This was who they were, who our "family" was-or should I even call it a family? It was nothing more than a business. Everything in this family revolved around business. My father was a bad man who got away with every sin he committed. He killed people, stole from them, and destroyed countless families. Yet, we were all supposed to be okay with it.

"I'm sure father has everything sorted out by now. You don't have to worry, mother," ares throws his ass on the couch, and his weirdly large arms land on top of me. I shove him away and sigh under my breath. He throws one of his arms over my shoulder and pulls me in against his chest. "Hey, principessa."

That goddamn nickname.

Again, I remove his arm from my body. "Your not still mad at me are you?" he chuckles under his breath, once he leans more into the couch.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I had a favorite brother, but if I had to choose, it would be Ares. He and I have been best friends and two peas in a pod ever since he discovered he was going to have a little sister. While Alessandro and I got along, we weren't as close as Ares and I were. Alessandro was an entitled prick and didn't care about anyone's feelings except his own. However, I still loved him because he was my older brother and would do anything for me in a heartbeat.

"Just because I have no desire in speaking to you, doesn't mean I'm still upset. Now, if you would please move away and allow me to enjoy the television, I'll be more than happier," Ares rubbed a thumb across his lips, with the faint smirk on it. He stands on his feet and walks away.

As I was about to tune back into the television, mother grabbed the remote control and I was now staring a black screen. Nonna stood up, and dispersed up the elegant staircase that led to all of the rooms.

"We have a big day tomorrow. I need you to get some rest, so you won't be tired for your dress fitting," mother gestures me to get up, and go up to my room. Sometimes I wonder if she still thought I was eleven years old, because she often did this.

But nonetheless, I did as I was told.