Chapter 7

In Gerard's room, Dudley had just made two signs.

"Okay. We'll have two piles. Keep and donate" he said.

"Where are you donating it to?" said Gerard.

"The dumpster" said Dudley casually.

"Look what I found. Pants for someone with comically large ankles" said Newton.

"Oh dear! Bellbottoms? Those are for crazy people! Donate pile" said Dudley dropping the pants behind the 'donate' sign.

"No! It's the latest style. I'll only use them for roller skating. Keep" said Gerard.

"Oh yeah. I can see my father roller skating" said Penelope sarcastically.

"Mr Gerard... we know this is hard. But you're going to have to throw away something" said Dudley.

"Kind of like how you threw away your pride when you started collecting these Russian nesting dolls" said Newton.

"Can we put Newton in the donate pile?" Gerard groaned.

"My my! Just for that, someone lost his hubcaps of the world collection!" said Newton.

"No! I need those" said Gerard.

Anything the others put in the donate pile, Gerard moved to the keep pile. 

Meanwhile, Shauna had purposely made a mess.

"Did you do this, Shauna?" said Lisa.

Shauna started barking and ripping up cushions. 

"What is the matter with you? You's been so obedient lately, and now you's actin' like..." Lisa began.

Then she saw what Shauna was doing and said "Oh. I don't suppose a treat will fix this one, will it?"

Shauna jumped at her mother and kept barking.

"Okay, Shauna, okay! I sees where maybe I crossed the line. I only treated you like a dog because... well, there's really no good way to end that sentence" said Lisa.

In Gerard's room...

"Well, thanks a million, guys! You were right; the uncluttered life is amazing. See ya!" said Gerard.

Half of the room looked normal while the other half was still crowded with junk. 

"Uh... Daddy? What about the rest of the room?" said Penelope.

"Why not just throw out my heart?" Gerard cried.

"Which pile is that in?" said Dudley. 

"It's a figure of speech, Dudley!" Newton snapped.

"It's all going so bag, tag, and get ready to drag!" said Penelope.

Newton took one of the garbage bags and Gerard tried to take it back.

"Let go!" said Newton strictly.

"My apple head dolls are in here!" Gerard sobbed.

The fight caused him to bump into the stacks and the junk started to cave in.

"Avalanche!" Gerard shouted.

Every stack of junk collapsed just as Gerard, Penelope and Newton escaped.