Chapter 6

Shauna ran into Gerard's room with the others following her.

"Holy landfill!" she gasped.

Lisa came in too and also gasped in horror.

"Heavens sake, Gerard!" she snapped.

Gerard started dusting his junk and said "I wasn't expecting company".

"Gerard! You's a hoarder!" said Lisa.

"No, I'm a collector. Of everything" said Gerard with embarrassment.

"That's a hoarder! Get it together" said Lisa.

"Why do you have all this junk?" said Dudley.

"It's not junk. These are useful items that I might need someday" said Gerard.

"You need a pile of old hair dryers?" said Newton.

"Can't a bald man dream? And this one is the latest style. I had to collect it" said Gerard holding a fancy looking hair dryer.

"That's mine! Miss Shauna, I owe you an apology" said Dudley.

"I told you I didn't hide it so I could keep using it!" said Shauna.

"Yes, and you were right. But back to you, Mr Gerard. You "need" the hair dryers. What about the tuba? Do you play?" said Dudley.

"Of course not; who plays the tuba?" said Gerard.

"A ball of lint? Really, Daddy?" Penelope grunted.

"Oh, I'm so ashamed! I'm not fit to hold a feather duster. Help me, Julie!" Gerard sobbed hugging the Julie Andrews dust bunny.

"She can't! But I can. Gerard, you spent our whole marriage pickin' up after our daughters! And since Newton and Dudley came around, you's been pickin' up after them! And now, they's gon' return the favor by pickin' up after you!" said Lisa quickly.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! You want us to clean up all this?" said Penelope.

"Yes indeed! How many hours a day does your father spend cleanin' your rooms?" said Lisa.

"But our rooms are never dirty" said Penelope.

"Yes, because your father cleans them" said Newton.

"Oh! That makes a lot more sense than the sock fairy Shauna told me about" said Penelope.

A few seconds later, Lisa overloaded Gerard's arms with garbage bags.

"Whoa! Are we really gonna need all these trash bags? I was thinking we could start with some light dusting" said Gerard.

"We should start with a light bonfire" said Lisa, "You gots to get rid of all that..."

"All? Oh no no no" Gerard sobbed.

"Most of..."

"Most? Well, uh... uh..."

"Some of that junk"

"Pops, just listen to Momma. She knows what's best for us" said Shauna.

"Oh, thanks honey. Who wants a treat?" said Lisa.

She fed Shauna a brownie then said "Good girl! Who's my good girl? Shauna is! Yes she is, yes she is!"

Then she left leaving Shauna really confused.

"Pops, was that weird the way Momma was just talkin' to me?" said Shauna.

"Yeah, it kinda was" said Gerard.

"Wait a minute. The walks in the park? The pats on the head? The constant flow of snacks? Momma's been treating me like a dog!" said Shauna.