Aurora did just that. She went to the bath, soaking away the regret of agreeing to meet the emissary. She chose a simple dress she had found within her closet that was a deep green. It was still not fitted, but did not bag on her as the dresses had before. Aurora sat on the end of her bed picking at her nails as she awaited Azriel. When she heard his knock, her stomach dropped. Meeting another male, one that could potentially be a half-relative if he was from the Autumn Court.

Aurora stood and opened her door, looking up to meet Azriel's eyes. She gave him a nod and he stepped back, giving her access to the corridor. Aurora stepped behind Azriel and followed him closely to the sitting room. Her throat tightened when she realized she was enveloped in his shadows, which seemed to be just behind him rather than rising above his wings. Azriel stopped, making Aurora nearly run into him. Her hand moved forward to stop herself, brushing against his wings for a mere second.

"Sorry," she muttered, tucking her hand behind her back. Azriel stiffened, but began to step aside, revealing the female behind him. Aurora looked past Azriel and to the male before her. Lucien stood from the couch, clad in a green tunic and black pants. He had a sword on his hip, which had Aurora slightly more uncomfortable. His long auburn hair fell to his biceps, braided back at the temples. His skin was darker than hers by far, more than just tan like Rhysand. His eyes- no, his eye was a warm toned brown, the other was gold and metal.

"I'm Lucien, and you're Aurora?" He spoke, holding out a hand. Azriel cleared his throat and Lucien's gaze snapped to him before he placed his hand back at his side.

"Yes," Aurora spoke in a meek voice. She had hardly moved from behind Azriel. His shadows seemed to nudge her, whispering for her to move forward and greet the male correctly. She did reluctantly, stepping out completely and just in front of Azriel.

"You have the look of the Autumn Court. I don't see a resemblance to my father or brothers," Lucien spoke, turning his gaze to Azriel, who was standing tall and seemed to glare at the male.

"Your father has a history of red-haired family members, does he not?" Azriel responded. Lucien clenched his jaw.

"My mother gave us our hair color."

"Yet, most members of the Autumn Court share the shades of crimson. Your father has brown hair, but I've noticed the way it shines red. Aurora was born in the middle of the war. Beron wasn't always in battle, is there a chance he would've found a lover?"

"I don't know. My father has never been kind, not to his wife, not to me. I wouldn't doubt that he has had lovers in the past, but I do not see the resemblance in her," Lucien snapped. Aurora felt her hands begin to shake, the tension between the two males had her wanting to run and hide.

"I look a lot like my mother. My face shape mostly. Does Beron have green eyes?" Aurora piped up, glancing between them.

"No, he has brown eyes," Lucien answered. Aurora sighed, looking up at Azriel. "We could bring her to meet him, if that will solve this-."

"Absolutely not. She will not enter Autumn Court territory, she will not meet Eris, and she will not meet Beron. If you do not believe that she is a child of him, then she must be a child of another High Fae," Azriel interrupted, voice raising. Aurora flinched, blinking at him. Lucien noticed, his hand running along his jaw.

"Why is she afraid of you?" Lucien asked, taking a small step forward. At his words, Azriel looked down at her. She hadn't moved from her spot, but her eyes were wide.

"She has been through a lot, males are a discomfort. If you have no answers for us, I will have Rhysand bring you back to Jurian and Vassa," Azriel snapped, stepping in front of Aurora. Lucien's real eye twitched, and he shifted to peer at Aurora again. When a smile began to grow on his face, Rhysand winnowed into the House. He had changed the wards, the Inner Circle now able to winnow in and out of the House as long as Aurora was comfortable with them in a way. She wasn't aware of this, however.

"Lucien, it's time to go," Rhysand boomed, and Aurora found herself hiding in the shadows that loomed behind Azriel. Lucien rose a brow, but stepped to the side, letting Rhysand take his arm and they were gone. Azriel turned to look at Aurora, shocked when he realized how close she was to him.

"I'm sorry if I was too much, but he pisses me off. I'm sorry we didn't get any answers from him, I'd hoped he'd have something to give," he spoke softly. Aurora shook her head.

"It's okay. Yelling still gets to me, sometimes. I don't mind not knowing who my father is. I've never known, I don't need to know."

"My reasoning for this was to see if there's a limit to your power or if it came from the High Lord of the Autumn Court. I'm sorry."

Aurora didn't know why he felt sorry, but it seemed to overcome her then. Her eyes fell, not to the floor but to the leather stretched across his chest. Were they afraid she would hurt them? Afraid her emotions could doom them? Aurora gasped when she felt a knuckle against her chin, lifting her face. Her eyes locked with Azriel's, his knuckle still touching her, but she made no effort to move away.

"I wanted to know if we need to train your powers, if there's a chance you could learn to fight back with it alone, or if combat is your best option. This was not as a precaution to our Court, but a way for me to learn how to best teach you." Her chest felt hollow. A soft touch from a male resting on her skin, lifting her face to look at him; she nearly melted into his hand right there. Aurora's lips were parted, short and soft breaths escaping as her eyes flicked between each of his.

She could've sworn Azriel got closer, his face coming down slightly, but then his hand dropped and he stepped away. A second later, Cassian came into the room, tucking his wings in as he dipped through the doorway. Aurora begged to the Mother that he didn't notice the red tint in her face.

"Az, Aldric veered off towards the Spring Court. He's going to complete opposite way, but you know Tamlin. He's going to use any way to get someone to hate us. He doesn't know of Aurora but I can guarantee he will fabricate something to bring Aldric to us."

"Tamlin is in no shape to listen to a warrior general entering his Court. Aldric will be ripped to shreds before he can get a word in," Azriel responded, glancing at Aurora. She was still looking at Cassian, chest still expanding and deflating with heavy breaths.

"I believe you should send your shadows, something to give us a warning if something happens," Cassian retorted.

"Have you spoken to Rhys? At least let us have a meeting before spouting out orders at me," Azriel snapped. Cassian's brows pushed together, hazel eyes flicking between him and Aurora. His chest grew as he sucked in a breath, one brow arching.

"Fine, let's go now, then."