Chapter 11: Fuck you, Zeus

Start from the beginning

The dress fitted you perfectly. The waist belt hugged you just tight enough to breathe, and you felt covered. An exposed dress wouldn't have made you comfortable in the same space as Zeus. He probably couldn't keep his old, wrinkly di-

"Are you finished?!" you heard Clotho exclaim outside of the room.

"Yeah!" you called out, walking out of the dressing room. Lilia and Lucian stood at the ready.

A chair was placed in the middle of them. Lily held an eyeshadow palette in one hand with a brush, while Lucian stood with a curling iron and hair clips on his suit. They seemed a little... too prepared for this.

"Take a seat," Lucian said, gesturing to the chair. You sat down, trying not to make any wrinkles on the gorgeous dress.

They immediately began their torture. Lucian went straight to curling your hair, brushing through the knots. Lilian however looked at your face.

"What would you like?" she asked.

"Um, keep it natural? Maybe a smokey eye would look nice with the outfit?" you hesitantly asked. You weren't an expert but you tried to practice here and there.

She nodded, taking a moisturizing cream out. She applied it to your face before getting the real make-up out They worked swiftly, not even bumping into each other as they worked on your face and hair. Lilian kept a steady pace, her smokey eye looked better than the ones on earth. And Lucian! You barely felt him, brush through tough knots, it was almost as if the wind itself was fixing your hair. You wouldn't mind getting used to this.

"I am finished," you heard Lilian speak up. You looked into the mirror in front of you, your mouth falling open and your eyes widening at the person in the mirror.

"Is that me?" you asked.

Lilian nodded, a small smile on her face. "Do you... like it?" she asked.

"Are you kidding me? I love it!" you smiled brightly at her work. This was the best you looked since your High school graduation. "Thank you so much."

"It is no problem, miss [Last name]," she said, bowing her head.

"No need for the "miss". You can call me by my name," you told her. Her eyes widened in shock. You felt Lucian pause for a brief moment.

"Are you sure, miss?" Lucian asked before getting back to work.

"Of course. This is the most confident I have felt in a long time. You both can call me, [Name]," you told them.

"If you say so," Lilian mumbled, looking at the ground.

"Done," you heard Lucian say.

"As I said, amazing. You guys have a serious talent for this," you told them, looking at yourself in the mirror.

"Thank you... [Name]," Lucian said, a bit hesitant about calling you by your first name.

"Alright, everyone. It's time you go to the entrance. Move! Move!" Clotho shouted, shoving you out of your chair and away from Lilian and Lucian.

"Bye! Wish me luck," you called out to them, waving your hand.

"Good luck!" they both yelled simultaneously, waving back.

⋙———————⋘

You stood at the entrance on the humans' side. Playing with the skin in your fingers, you waited for your time to shine. Brunhilde was pacing back and forth, while Göll was babbling on and on about the preparations. You were just trying to calm your breathing as you heard the roars of people and gods outside.