61. Happy Wife, Happy Life

Start from the beginning

I love you more, baby. ~ Laviere

I pull out the box with her engagement ring in it.

Lord god I hope she says yes.

I walk out to the couch and sit next to Lamonte.

Hopefully, he can accept me as his brother-in-law or even think of me as worthy enough for Laviere.

I know he might require some hardcore convincing but I was ready for that.

Ajax seems like the more chill brother.

AJAX

I go to wake up Mark and Lamonte to find that they are already up watching the TV in the living room.

"Why y'all motherfuckers ain't come wake me up?," I say running down the stairs.

"You looked like you was sleeping too good so we said we'd give you a few more minutes. Ti and Lucas have been in the bathroom for a lil minute now," Lamonte said looking back at me.

I dap him up sitting next to him, "Yeah, I heard... You ready for today?"

"I've never been more ready for anything in my life," he smiles running his hand over his head.

I nod my head turning to Mark, "You good lil bruh?"

"Yeah I'm copacetic," he replies.

"I know you white and all but just say you alright."

We all share a little laugh before we get interrupted by someone ringing my doorbell.

"Are y'all expecting anyone?"

They both shook their head saying no.

I grab my phone looking at the ring camera footage. There was no one there except a package perched on the welcome mat.

I play the footage back and the camera couldn't capture the person's face but it wasn't a delivery company. Someone in a black outfit wearing a hoodie. I get up grabbing my gun in the hallway drawer tucking it in the back of my pants. I open the door looking around before grabbing the package and opening it.

The box doesn't even have a return address. I look in the package seeing something I hadn't seen in a long time. "Lamonte come here for a second," I yell to him.

He comes around the corner looking at me, "What's up?"

I show him what's inside the package.

He grabs our dead sister's necklace, looking at it as if he's seen a ghost.

"Who the fuck sent this?"

"It's no address on it. Someone in a hoodie dropped it off at my doorstep," I show him the footage from my phone.

He zoomed in seeing a glimpse of something that made his whole demeanor change.

"It's Raquel," he says angrily.

Lamonte turns and punches the mirror, shattering the glass completely. He flips over the table, breaking the vases of flowers.

He snatches my phone and calls Peters, the police officer that handled the original arrest for Nell and Raquel.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell us that Raquel is out of prison?!," he screams.

"A fucking technicality?!"

"Let me say this. If that bitch comes anywhere near me or my family that bitch is as good as dead, you hear me? Matter of fact she already been to my brother's crib and dropped off a package so consider that bitch dead," he hangs up and immediately lets out a breath.