ᴅʀᴜɴᴋ . // (Jethro)

_____________

_____________

(🅈/🄽)'🅂 🄿🄾🅅:

Tonight was the night.

Me and a few other lifeguards had planned a casual night out on Bondi beachfront.
I was quite excited because this was one of the first times in a while the team had met up outside of work.

I decided on a black tube top, dark blue jeans, a slightly battered pair of converse and a large black handbag.

I then applied a small amount of black eyeliner and lipgloss.

I heard a car horn sound from the road outside my apartment and knew exactly who it was.

"(Y/N)! You look fantastic!"
Joel called out, leaning out of the car window.

"Stoppp!"
I said, fake blushing a spinning around in a girlish manner.

The door opened and I climbed into the back seat with Jethro.

"He didn't trust me in the front."
Jethro explained quickly, as I noticed an absence in the passenger seat.

"That's right. I don't trust either of you."
Joel said, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I'm offended!"
I exclaimed in a dramatic tone.

"I don't know why you're shocked, unless you can't remember what happened last time."
Joel said.

"Mh."
I said, recalling some particular memories performed on a drunken night, now understanding why he hasn't allowed anyone in the front seat.

We arrived and met up with a few others before settling at the bar and ordering a few drinks.

We all chatted and joked for a few hours before we decided it was best to make our way home as it was about 11:00 by now.

When I stood up, I realised I had a little bit more to drink than originally planned when I almost knocked into Jules when trying to remain balanced.

I apologised quickly then realised I was supposed to walk home like this.

🄹🄴🅃🄷🅁🄾'🅂 🄿🄾🅅:

I noticed (Y/N) wobbling around, keeping hold of the side of the bar and staring intensely at the floor.

"You alright?"
I asked, edging closer to her.

"Yeah, just..."
She trailed off, not finishing her sentence.
It was obvious that she'd had too much to drink and we all knew we couldn't let her walk home by herself like this.

"Do you want me to walk you home?"
I asked, considering Joel had left about an hour earlier to take care of something.

She just nodded and tried to make her way over to me but wobbled whilst doing so so I grabbed her waist and said goodbye to everyone on her behalf.

We exited the bar and was met by the cold air and sound of the waves crashing from far away.

"I'm sorry, I had too much to drink."
She tried to explain, slurring a few of her words.

"It's fine (Y/N), happens to the best of us."
I joked, gripping at her waist firmly so she couldn't escape my grasp.

_____________

I dug around in (Y/N)'s back pocket to retrieve her keys, as she leaned against the locked door smiling crazily at me.

After finding them, I unlocked the door and took one of her hands to guide her in. She rolled onto her couch, using her feet to kick of her shoes childish whilst giggling quietly, I only observed.

She stared deeply into my soul, then used her index finger to beckon me over. I did what was asked and crouched down so I could be at her eye-line.

"Thanks for taking care of me today."
She said in a quiet and sweet tone, then leaned forwards and planted a small kiss very to close, but not on my mouth.

_____________

I sat at a chair in the lifeguards tower, staring out at the sea although it was very early in the morning so barely anyone was out.

I glanced over at (Y/N), her head was laying on the desk with her arms wrapped around her ears.

"Rough night ay?"
I asked sarcastically.

"I'm sorry for making you walk me home."
She said, her tone was actively apologetic and I could tell she felt bad about it.

"There's no need to apologise, I wanted to walk you home."
I said, i'm attempts to make her feel better.

"I can't remember anything, did I do anything weird? People say I'm an affectionate drunk."
She asked, clearly concerned.

"You kissed me but that's about it."
I answered plainly, leaving the location of the kiss a secret.
I wished I hung around a little longer last night to see a little more of this so called affectionate drunk.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry Jethro!"
She practically yelled, moving to her knees and placing her hands on my lap.
I could tell she was truly sincere but I only laughed at her in return.

_____________