Part 6

I sat in my room, Spryzen in hand, and sighed. Maybe I just overreacted. Maybe this isn't that big of a deal. Yeah, except I've basically been sold to the mafia. I still wonder why no one's come after me in all this time. It's not like anyone's home to protect me or anything. It's kinda depressing. I wish someone would come after me just to prove a point. Am I a terrible person for that?

There was a knock at my door and I looked up to see Mizusawa there, a solemn look on his face. What was his problem? I wonder what I did wrong this time. It's never good when someone comes to see me. I always seem to be at fault for something.

"Shu. We need to talk." He said, and I'm pretty sure this is the most serious he's been all night. I wonder what made him change his tune.

"About what?" I asked, curious as to why he's suddenly like this.

"About your abilities. I think they might be the key to solving this entire mystery." He told me. That is so cliche I could barf. I hope they aren't. That would just be stupid.

"What makes you say that?" I cocked an eyebrow, and he sat down on my bed.

"Well, the curse belonged to your father, correct?" It seemed like he was trying to get his facts in order. He was trying to convince himself that his conclusion is plausible. Well, that's reassuring.

"Yeah, why'd you ask?" It made me feel uneasy talking about my dad like this, especially when it was so close to his anniversary, but what's a guy to do?

"Then it only makes sense that he passed on a way to get around that curse to his child rather than the actual curse itself." Sure, that was a plausible approach, but who ever said he could even think of that? From what I heard - and what little I remember - he was a complete and utter idiot.

"You really think he could do that?" There was a lot of doubt. Did he really think that far ahead of time?

"What other assumptions do we have? I think it's quite logical."

"I think you're chasing dreams."

"And I think you're glued to reality."

We just stared at each other for a moment or two, and I could feel my energy draining. I wish Valt was here. He'd bring the energy right back up.

"DID SOMEBODY CALL FOR THE WONDER BOY?" Valt shouted, kicking open my bedroom door. Speak of the devil. I don't think he knows how to enter a room normally, not that I wouldn't change it for the world. He keeps things lively, that's for sure.

"The wonder boy?" Mizusawa looked at me, curiosity in his eyes.

"This here is Valt Aoi, also known as the wonder boy. He's known for performing miracles across aspect of life, but mostly beyblade. He became the talk of the world in just a single tournament after almost beating a high ranking blader. He did the same thing in his second tournament. And that's why he was dubbed as the wonder boy - because he did what nobody else could even hope." I explained, looking at Valt. His hazel eyes glinted, the light reflecting in them.

Valt chuckled "I think you're exaggerating my story a bit there, Shu."

I wish I was, but he is just plain incredible. Nobody has ever been able to pull off what he has as of yet. He's the best blader to date, and he did most of it on pure instinct, which is incredible. Valt Aoi really is something.

"So, if he can perform these so called miracles then don't we kinda need him?" I felt Mizusawa's gaze on me, and I nodded. He's right. If we want to figure this out then we're gonna need all the help we can get, and that it includes the powers of the wonder boy.

"What's he talking about?" Valt asked, and then his brain took a couple of seconds to process that they don't know each other. "Who is he?"

"This is Akio Mizusawa." Before I could even finish my explanation Valt started waving frantically at me, a proud smile on his face.

"I know this one. He was the first ever blader." Valt stared at Mizusawa for a moment, and I think this is the most he's ever used his brain. "So how'd he end up here, alive?"

"It's a long story, kid." Mizusawa said, surveying Valt. "But before that, a question. Are you willing to loan us a couple of miracles?"

He saluted us, a massive grin on his face. "The wonder boy is ready for action."