LXXIV

"Good morning."
The voice was soft, and sweet, and Eddy floated to the surface out of a disjointed dream he already couldn't reach anymore.
"Hi." he croaked.
Brett smiled at him, his eyes shiny, his fingers soft on Eddy's shoulder.
"Hi. Sleep well?"
"Yeah." Eddy nodded. "Like a log."
"Must be all the violin playing." Brett deadpanned.
"Oh God. Was it too much?"
"No!" Brett shook his head firmly and kissed his cheek. "It was exactly right and everyone loved it. It was the perfect party, and it was the perfect day. I can't believe... I can't quite believe you did all that for me."
Eddy blinked the last winks of sleep away. 
"Bretty... no, I did it for us. Yesterday was quite simply the best day of my life."
"Yeah." Brett smiled again. "Mine too. Followed pretty closely by that day in Perth. And the day before yesterday."
"Plus, Lee did most of it." Eddy admitted. "I really only asked. The party... that was all him."
"It wasn't, though." Brett said calmly. "It was you. People like you, instantly. They're willing to do things like that for you because of who you are."
For a long moment Eddy had no idea what to say to that. 
"That's the nicest thing to say, Bretty." he whispered then. "That's exactly how I feel about you, you know. Everyone loves you."
Brett half shrugged and pulled him in for a long, warm kiss. 
"Husband." he whispered as he pulled away. "Anyway. Much as I would love to lie here with you all day, I need the toilet. Badly. And a shower. And I'm starving."

Eddy looked at his retreating back with a little bit of surprise. To be honest, he would have been quite happy to stay here a while, and so would a certain body part. Or, you know, shower with him. But maybe all the food from last night had caught up with his love? That was probably why the haste, right? Why he hadn't invited him in there? He needed his privacy? 
Plus, let's face it, Brett had a point. They were here now, right? They should make the most of seeing Singapore, and not just stay in bed all morning anyway. 

Brett was out of the shower pretty quickly in the end and shot into his jeans, grabbing for his phone and wallet. 
"Hang on, alright?" he said. "I'm just going to run off to the place on the corner and get some bao for breakfast. Okay?"
"Uh, sure. Can I have a couple of red bean ones?"
Brett smirked and raised one eyebrow.
"Have we met?"
Eddy grinned and stretched out lazily, pushing his head back in the pillow, pulling the quilt a bit tighter.
"Once or twice." he said as his eyes were already closing once more. 

He jolted awake again when the hotel room door was shut and footsteps came into the room. 
"Bao!" Brett proclaimed proudly, throwing his wallet and phone on the chair, holding out a satchel to him. "And there's Lian Yong in there as well."
"Oh, yum!"
To be honest, after all he'd eaten the night before Eddy wasn't super hungry yet, but he wasn't about to turn down these delicious looking buns. He grabbed one at random and dug in. 
"God, these are delicious!" he mumbled through mouthfuls of sweet bean.
"I know, right?"
Brett was sat on the bed next to him with his own bao, the satchell open between them, and for a long while they were silent, happily munching the sweet, chewy, soft buns. Then Brett wiped his mouth and cleared his throat. 
"So... if it's cool with you, maybe you can get dressed in a minute? I may have a small surprise for you."