Chapter 9 : leaving again

Luna's POV

It's been an hour since I woke up and I'm still sweating. I tried to get rid of it with a little flight, but it still comes back at the back of my head.

After going around and around the same clump of clouds I give up.. I was heading down when I see a familiar orange figure on the roof.

"I've been waiting for you to finish" Tom was in his tiger form.

"I don't think I was long up there..."

"Nah.. You've been there for.. about an hour? We're waiting to leave"

"Err... Right, sorry... Lost track of time" I land and shifted back into a human and scratching the back of my neck.

"Well let's go! I'm tired waiting around!" Tom said turning into a human and dragging me down.

We went down to the house and I see Anna, Peter, and Kay sitting down looking still a bit pale.

"Took you long enough!" Anna said standing up and lightly punching me on the shoulder.

"Yeah sorry... Now let's get going!" I said going to the stables and dragging some horses out.

"Tell us where we're going first?" Peter said stopping me on my way.

"Well we're headed towards the dragon gem mountain. It says the gem is hidden there. We don't have much time so were crossing Kaida River and across a few deserts and a thick forest" I said a bit jumbled up with my words.

They all nodded. "Good, now hop on your horses. We have a long way to go"

Everyone hopped on to their horses and so did I. We went out of the stables looking at the town. It was definitely quieter but it was still busy. We walked towards the exit of the town.

We were riding for 15 minutes but already the town had disappeared from our sight...

We continued walking... The ground started to become sandy and we noticed were nearing one of the deserts. The sunlight was now showering us, as it has completely risen.

***

We've been walking for hours now and the sun is now completely above us. Which means... Noon... We needed to find some water too... We were running out of it.

"I'm thirsty" Anna said with a kidly tone

"Hold on Anna.. I'm trying to find us a watering hole" I said annoyed... This was her 13th time saying it. That's a lot of times...

After a while walking we finally found one. Not so big but should be more than enough for just 5 riders and their horses.

"Hey! I found a watering hole this way!" I yelled at everyone who is weakily trailing behind.

"Finally!" Yelled Anna

"Can we rest here for a moment Luna?" Tom asked

"Yeah... About an hour is enough?" I asked back

"Yeah" everyone replied in sinc

It took 5 minutes to go downhill to the watering hole but we made it. Everyone quickly jumped off and ran to the water to drink. I took the heavy bags off the horses so they can rest too.

The horses also went to the watering hole to drink. I did too, it was nice and refreshing. We sat under the trees eating some snacks afterwards.

"What's our goal this day?" Peter asks

"Kaida river" I replied short

"Will we have to cross it?" Kay asked this time

"It depends..."