07. Knocked Sideways

Start from the beginning

"She's right Jason, It was an accident... Don't overreact-" His girlfriend picked up the fallen bags and tried to pull him away but he jerked her arm off.

"Overreact? Oh please, I know very well the nature of such terrorists who covers their monster souls behind such cloaks... They don't have their own lands so they come here to blacken the beauty of our country and spread terror among us." He disdainly eyed Huda from head to toe who was silently shivering.

Few citizens had slowed down in their pace, as the scene had started catching attentions.

"She's not a terrorist. Don't accuse someone of something you yourself have no knowledge about." Ayzel retorted from her side. She never liked anyone using such words for them. The boy raised his brows before snickering derisively.

"Easy girl, know your worth before barking. I don't need your permission to talk..." His attention was towards Ayzel now who pretended brave by throwing futile glares at him.

"Hey man, what's your problem? Why are you talking crap?" One of the passer-by questioned, nearing the boy.

"I'm talking crap? Don't you see these dangerous monsters roaming around us? They're-" The boy who was pointing at Huda was cut short with another person.

"They're what? They didn't do anything. They're living like us. Go do your work."

Both girls remained silent. The man didn't quiet appear a Muslim but there had always been defenders sent by Allah against the extremists.

"You mind your own business. I know what to do. This is our country and they must be grateful that we're even allowing them to breathe in here, or else I'll show them what they deserve." The boy once again began rebuking when the first man spoke angrily.

"Oh we'll show you much better okay? Just shut up and go from here before we call the cops." The man shoved him on the chest which he tried to retort when her girlfriend pulled him by the arm, uncomfortable with the situation.

"It's enough honey, what's wrong with you?.. Just let them be..." She finally managed to walk him away and both Ayzel and Huda stood frozen for a minute, aware of a couple of eyes sets on them. Some people suggested them to stay calm before moving away. Ayzel then led themselves in the store.

After 20 minutes more, they were done and now they headed to a nearby glistening park. Ayzel tried her best to chill up Huda but the worthlessness she felt wasn't fading away.

"Let's sit here and work.." Ayzel pointed towards a bench and Huda replied in a 'Hmm'.

"Do you miss your father?" Huda asked after they had started working on the project materials. Her question had halted Ayzel's hands on the paper board.

What kind of a question was it?
Her father's visage flashed in front of her eyes before a slight smile decorated them.

"Of course.. parents are the greatest blessing of Allah on a person." Came a short whisper without any motion in the head.

Ayzel's ocean of secrets never had a flood in it, saving the treasure that lied within.

Huda scrutinized her phiz before her own turned off.

"You're right... I also miss my parents a lot.." She started in low whispers. "You know they also used to play with me in parks.."