CHAPTER 14: gm_ground_zero

AN: The claymore is also a type of sword, not just the anti-personnel mine. (also lots of pov and switching between 1st and 3rd person)

~<GM_TERRA - Location: Raythean Tower>~

Everything... E-Everything hurts... I taste iron... Something smells burnt.

It's dark; I think I'm under some rubble...

Come on... move-

"Ah...Ahh!"

Gahhh... Forearm's broken, and the ulnar's wholly pulverised.

With my back and elbows burning in pain, I move to push the rubble out of the way.

The surrounding paper walls were completely destroyed, and the ones that were spared from the explosion were knocked down over each other like a horrible set-up of lines of dominoes.

My eyes continue to take in the sight of the once-pristine room until I see...

S-Schwarz...?

SCHWARZ!!

The dreadful sight that befell me caused both of my hands to reach up to my mouth as tears threatened to burst from my eyes, for in front of me, was a bisected corpse of my bodyguard, Schwarz.

I wanted to cry, and I did.

Still, even then, crying would not bring her back.

...

I'll avenge you, Schwarz...

...

I need to get out of here. That man with the silver hand could come back anytime, and I will not survive against him.

Looking around, my eyes land on the elevators—the same ones that the man wanted to get access to. No... he's too dangerous and risky; I'd rather not meet him again.

The next best way to get out of this god-forsaken tower was the staircase located next to the elevator.

Making my way over, I peered down the daunting flight of stairs before slowly making my way down towards the way out.

Eventually, I came to a dilemma. It seems the explosion from before caused parts of the stairwell to become damaged, as a moderately sized hole separates my path.

Damn it, I have no choice.

With a pained leap, I... Sh-Shit!

I let out a cry as my hand lost grip on the handrail, causing me to tumble down the concrete stairs and fall directly down the next flight of stairs.

CRACK!

"Ah- AH M-Merda! Fu- F- HAAAAA~~!!"

I-... Tears begin running down my face uncontrollably, my whole body burns and aches, but I still push myself up.

'C-can't stop now, Ceylon. You shan't die here. I Must... keep going Ceylon...'

The words came out of my mind almost religiously, like a mantra. Having used my last painkiller and the continued caress of my healing water arts formed and ran up my charred feet and legs, numbing the suffering to a state just bearable enough to keep my legs functioning.

After a dozen more agonizing, sobbing-filled minutes that felt like an eternity of agony. I limp down the seemingly abyssal stair flights and finally reaching the ground floor, I lean against the wall. The gaze of the green exit light is really a sight for my sore eyes.

Opening the door with sluggish desperation, I am then exposed to the elements. The water on my face made the cold night breeze feel even chillier.

Distant shouting, the smell of smoke, the night sky, and stars blotted out by the smoke and smog.