CHAPTER 6: gm_big_lungmen_city

So... This will be my first time properly in the city I'm currently in that is not any of the following: 

Leaping off buildings, killing shit with my guns, getting confronted by Exusiai.

Because today was the day of our day off. I however am faced with peril.

I'm going to be perfectly honest, When I said that I have no experience going out with people, I meant it. Now here I am with the rest of the gang of Penguin Logistics (except for Emperor), out in this city I have no idea about. What is even worse, is the fact that everyone we passed by was giving me both weird and occasionally, jealous looks.

The reason for the weird looks is because I totally don't look like some special forces unit in full gear out in broad daylight, looking like I'm ready to kill anyone who approaches me. The other reason for the jealous ones is because Sora, the Pop Idol, is pretty much giving me the most attention. Her golden hair's brilliance is almost tripled by the sun.

Exusiai and Croissant were discussing something that didn't concern me too much whilst Texas seemed stoic and strong, scanning the crowds and alleyways for any suspicious individuals.

An interesting fact that Sora mentioned whilst we were walking around earlier was that there were a lot less amount of people saying the usual things many fans would say, stuff like "SORA I LOVE YOU!" and "YOOO IT'S SORA!" or simply "HI SORA!". I think most of this is contributed by the fact that I probably look like her assigned bodyguard, no one daring to come close, albeit a strange-looking one because I was (on the outside) wearing night-vision goggles in broad daylight.

People must think we're currently on a mission right now and many were tuning in to see the performance on their devices. However, they will be stumped to find out that there are no notifications on whatever streaming website they view Sora on, indicating that there was a performance.

Occasionally, Sora would ask Texas questions regarding her music, things as whether she enjoyed listening to them or not. Texas would reply with a silent nod, before returning to looking out for any threats. That was when Sora decided to ask me a particularly hard question.

"Hey, Construct, remember last night about how you told me that, your gear and outfit are something similar to an illusion...right?"

I nod.

"Well, I was going to ask you this last night before we reached your room but, how does it exactly work?" Good question.

'Magic~~~'

I feel a little bad for lying to them (well it's not technically lying if I'm not telling anything in the first place), but I feel like if I demonstrate too much, then there will just be more problems later on. On another note, I have made some interesting discoveries last night after having that talk with Exusiai.

You see, I've been practising this for the entirety of last night until the morning, not that I can sleep anyway and I don't get tired either too which is an added plus. To make this as short as possible, I sorta just... will the Context and Spawn menu into existence so how did I open the Spawn menu without practice then?

I hypothesize that deep down, my being freaked out at the immediate danger, and, like an instinct, activated my GModder powers and provided me with what it assumed was necessary for the situation. This, however, was a double-edged blade, as demonstrated by the colossal weapons I have pulled out, my instincts simply do not care for context. The context is that fully-automatic, high-calibre firearms are rare outside of Sankta hands, and I'm no Sankta, I don't even know what I am.

Am I still Human? Is my species BlackWatch_1 now? Or is it simply just Player or GModder?

Back to the main topic, considering the Context Menu isn't really used much compared to the spawn menu, it had to get some practising to open. During my practice, I could see the hidden widgets of the HOL-D4 HUD pop up, at the top left of my vision, there it was.

Enhanced PlayerModel Selector 3.3, kitted out with a search bar, body group editor, and holy shit that is a lot of Playermodels.

Sora pouts, and I could almost feel everybody else's disappointment, as it seems they were listening in to our conversation.

"Ooh, ooh! Are you a magician!" Croissant...

'No.'

"Daww." Croissant makes a disappointed noise.

As we move on, we are surprisingly approached by a few fans of Sora's.

"Erm..." They seem nervous, of course, they are, these people are about to meet one of their biggest idols, such as thing can be a bit nerve-wracking even if I don't get the idea of i- oh they're looking at me. They aren't too nervous about meeting Sora no, no, they are nervous because I look like I can kill them in 27 different ways in quick succession.

I jokingly display my hands out in the direction of Sora, as if I am showing her off like the shining beacon she is, to be interacted with.

Croissant sees this and proceeds to almost laugh as she moves her hand to her mouth whilst Texas is occasionally looking over.

The fans' eyes light up and go past me to meet Sora.

"Hey, Sora, um... We've already gotten permission from The Emperor and... y-your manager,  as seen by these cards here... W-we have been wondering if you could give us an autograph on a few things...?" Hot damn, I take it back, they ARE nervous about meeting Sora... unless they are still afraid of me, being here, silently staring at them.

Periodically, I can see a few pairs of eyes quickly glance at me and then avert back to Sora.

"Sure thing!" Sora agrees, she pulls out a gold marker and begins signing on some of their item of choice or simply on a piece of paper.

The looks keep on going, whilst Sora casually, slowly writes her autographs. The fans are slowly becoming more and more frightened the more I watch them. Some of their tails are standing up and frazzled.

I'm not going to lie, their terrified faces are rather entertaining.

As Sora finishes the last of the autographs, they all scurry like a bunch of little kitties, doggies, and like, a dozen other races. Now that I think about it, there were a lot of fans. It seems like they all formed a collective to properly face me without fleeing in fear. Damn, I feel like an asshole as this was kind of damaging to Sora's image as a Pop Idol, but hey, at least she got those autographs done.

After a few more minutes of walking around. All of the Penguin girls sans me, get a notification.

Everybody pulls out their mobile devices whilst I kinda just stand there and observe them.

"Everybody, we're going to a party for our next job, hope ya'll got something nice to wear." Croissant states.

It's PlayerModel change time.