CHAPTER 10: gm_escalation

We're on our way back to drop off the Rhodes Island folks right now and it's well after dark.  I'm currently sitting in the backseat of one of the cars in our convoy.

The Penguin Logistic operators and I were all separated into each car. I'm not a PL operator but I was still tasked with the responsibility of being the armed escort of one of the cars.

The people around me were high-ranking people from Rhodes Island. Why they decided that I, a barely known or trusted person was the right dude for such an important car is beyond me. Amiya was sitting in front of me in the passenger seat of the car and to my right, a cat woman with green-tinted blonde hair. Her ears had a black tuft extending from the tips of her ears. I wonder if she is a Lynx or a Caracal?

Another passenger was a person who is dressed in a full black outfit, with a hoodie and a visor to boot. They kind of remind me of...me, except I have a pair of goggles instead of a visor. There's nothing else to note other than the fact that I haven't heard them talk yet.

The last person in the car was the driver, she's a cat woman as well. The only thing I could see from my perspective was the left side of her face and her two cat ears and hair, both being dark blue.

"So, how did the negotiations go Dr Kal'tsit?" Asked the driver. I could see her steel-blue eyes through the rear-view mirror as she scanned the people in the back seat.

"It went splendidly well, except for the fact that two fights broke out in the guest and VIP dining area." The lime-blonde replied, gaining a laugh out of the driver.

Wait, what.

"Two fights? How did that happen?" The blue cat asked as she did a turn on the road.

"The Penguins were dealing with an ambush from the Siracusan Mafia, and our mute friend dealt with a cop overstepping their jurisdiction." Dr Kal'tsit nodded towards me, "At least that's what the Penguin Girls said." At that, the masked person turned their face to me. My four blue dots met the abyss of a visor, making me see myself. 

Amiya then spoke up upon realisation as to what she just heard, "Wait, a fight? Why wasn't I made known of this?" It seems Amiya was unaware of what happened.

"We didn't want to distract you with something irrelevant to the meeting. You were going all out on those other executives. It was thanks to you that we managed to score all of those deals." A new voice spoke, it was the man that was dressed in a black hoodie and visor.

"But... Thank you, Doctor." Amiya deflated back into her seat.

The Doctor was still looking at me, but I paid no further attention as I started to think. That is until the Doctor asked a question.

"What's behind the mask and goggles?" The visor asks.

I turn my head toward him, seeing my warped reflection in his mask. I point towards my throat and make an X, letting him know that I couldn't speak.

"Can't speak, huh..." I'm feeling a lot of deja vu.

"...So how did you meet with the PL girls?" Bruh, I literally just 'told' you that I couldn't talk.

"Please ignore him," Kal'tsit comes to the rescue! "He has amnesia and is simply just full of questions. It is alright to not reply in any way." Oh really...

"...Do you wanna join Rhodes Island?" Kal'tsit sighs heavily as she pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Doctor, we've been through this already, you can't just randomly recruit people on a whim or an impulse. You don't even know his name yet." The Doctor deflates back into his seat.