CHAPTER 8: models/player/Suits/male_07_open_waistcoat.mdl

I excuse myself to the bathroom to change, PlayerModels to be exact. I open the context menu and the PlayerModel selector and select my choice. I inspect the proper bodygroups and correct tie colours and hit 'Apply'.

In one moment, I was in my BlackWatch 1 PlayerModel. Now, I am Suit_7e, or more specifically, Male_07 in a black waistcoat on top of a red undershirt and a black tie.

"Woah, this is weir-" I put my hand to my mouth.

...I take my hand off my mouth and try doing it again.

"Hello? Testing, testing, one two three." This is it...

"Wooooooh! Yeaaaah Baby! That's what I've been waitin' for, that's what it's all about. WOOOOH" As I'm celebrating the fact that I can talk, I... begin feeling weird.

"Augh, what's this headache?" I lean up against the bathroom wall and clutch my head as it begins flaring in pain. Agh fuck, why is my head hurting so suddenly-

Guys, the thermal drill, go get it.

What the fuck? Wha- what thermal drill? I wait for a few more moments to see if I could hear it speak again but It doesn't reply. 

After catching my breath, I make my way out of the bathroom to what I can describe as the most exhausting confrontation ever.

"C-Construct!? Is that you?" A certain blood orange-haired operator approaches me.

I turn and look at the approaching forte, I can already feel my energy draining...

"Yes."

Croissant essentially nearly faints and pulls herself back up in surprise at the fact that I spoke.

"Wai-what, You can speak!?" She dons a pair of wide eyes and holds onto my shoulders and starts looking straight into my face as if trying to decipher my facial features.

"Ow ow ow stop...!" I groan as my shoulders start hurting. Croissant realises that she's inflicting pain upon me, and lets go of me as she takes in my outfit with her eyes.

"...How- were you able to speak all this time?" Croissant suddenly gets interrogative of me as she comes up to my face, again, with an interrogative expression.

"...No..." I answer. How do I explain this to her without sounding like I should be forced into an insane asylum? Honestly, I wish I could just go home already- oh wait, I seem to have forgotten that I do not have a home, at least not anymore.

"Does... Does this mean you were lying to us this entire time?" Croissant looks a bit hurt, for some reason. I don't know why but I'm starting to get a headache.

"No."

"Care to elaborate?"

"No- Yes, Yes, I do care to elaborate." Something's wrong, I feel like something is tugging around in the back of my head but I can't exactly describe what it is... 

"Sorry, uh, please hold on for one moment." I apologise as I clutch my head. Croissant gets up to me and helps me to a nearby chair. What the hell was that all about? It felt like... like I was thinking of thoughts that weren't mine. Oh god, what if the PlayerModels retained some of their initial impulses, instincts and reactions? This could spell a bit of a disaster as Suit_7e might have dormant affections for robbing banks as he is part of the Suits and Robbers pack...

"Argh, that hurts." I clutch my head as Croissant looks at my slumped figure in worry.

"S-Sorry about that Croissant, it's just... I made an uh, discovery whilst I was in the bathroom- and before you ask no, I've not discovered the growth of pubic hair on my body." That got a laugh out of Croissant, she didn't seem too worried after that.