CHAPTER 7: gm_rhodes_island

When Rhodes Island heard about the new Penguin Logistics partner, it was hard to not get excited. The work at Penguin Logistics was, to say the least, questionable at times. So when they found out (through a certain apple pie eating operator) that someone new was allied to them, let us just say that more people were looking out for the Penguin Logistics operators to arrive for their armed escort.

~<GM_TERRA>~

Currently, I am still in my BlackWatch 1 PlayerModel. I haven't bothered to change into a more appropriate PlayerModel because we aren't even there yet, because of this, I am still dressed as some weird-ass lookin' spec ops dude. Another reason why I am still the BlackWatch 1 PlayerModel, is because I chose to go with the rest of Penguin Logistics to be the armed escort for this Rhodes Island faction, I look more fitting in that way. It turns out, that we are also invited to the party. If I remember correctly, this party is supposed to be a light-hearted diplomatic meeting between one of the factions that Rhodes Island is trying to sell drugs and medicine to.

As we approach the landship (It's fucking massive by the way), I could slowly but surely make out the many figures of the group that we will be escorted to the party. 

"You know, we're invited too." Croissant tells me, as I see she is already in a black Bardot dress, Exusiai and Sora were already eagerly discussing the party. The only one that wasn't in any sort of attire (except for their default one) was Texas and even she was carrying a bag that was for her outfit.

For some reason, Croissant really wants to see me in something like a suit. She hasn't even seen an unmasked player model yet and still wants to see me in a suit. The heck's going on with that?

"I will change when we get there." I write into my new handbook I got as a 'gift' from Emperor.

Croissant pouts and then gets a big shit-eating grin and asks me the big question.

"Oh yeah? And how will ya do that sonny seein' as you have no bag with ya?" Croissant grins devilishly.

Mother. Fucker.

"Very carefully." 

Croissant comically falls to the ground as we approach the Rhodes Island operators.

~<GM_TERRA>~

When Projekt Red saw the strange man, she went on high alert immediately. This man is dangerous! She thought as she crept closer to him, out of sight. She attempted to get a scent off of him but something... wasn't right. No, something was definitely not right. This man has absolutely zero scents. It was as if he didn't exist. Red was sure that, if the dangerous man had somehow managed to sneak up on her, she wouldn't notice until she felt the cold hard steel of a razor-sharp knife entering her neck, severing everything until she was left in a heap drowning in her own blood with a slow waterfall of it flowing out like a disgustingly watered down syrup.

Red made the decision to inform Dr Kal'tsit and to keep an extra watch on the dangerous man.

~<GM_TERRA>~

I sneezed, except, I would've if I had a nose to sneeze out of. I still felt the need to and the relief that happened after it. Texas looks at me quizzically as she slightly jumped at my sudden movement which was my silent sneeze. We approach and are approached by Rhodes Island personnel, a lot of them are dressed in formal and dance attire and I feel really out of place. 

Texas walks up to me and puts her bag in my arms.

"Will you please hold this for me? I need to go get this contract signed off for the boss."

'Sure.' I gesture.

Texas then goes off towards a brown-haired... Cautus? Her model is rather confusing as her ears look like they could be for a donkey but a rabbit works too. Now that I think about it, my entire being is probably the most confusing out of everybody here, considering I don't have any animalistic traits that are found on literally everybody on the planet. I then proceed to put the dress clothes... somewhere... in me... I still don't know how I'm capable of doing that, it's as if I have an entire inventory- no, scratch that- I AM the inventory.

I awkwardly stand around as everybody else is engrossed in conversation. I, however, can still feel several different curious sets of eyes on me. Most concerning of which is a particular silver-haired Lupo, with a big red coat, filled with several knives. She has been on edge as soon as she saw me. How do I know this? I had just so happened to have Intelligent Hud turned on when she saw me, I noticed the label turn from "NPC_Friendly" to just "NPC", which usually means they are hostile but the face to the left of it indicates some kind of weariness instead of an angry face.

'models/projektred/arknights/terra/projectred_npc.mdl', huh? I'm going to assume that her name is Red or something like that. This also tells me a lot of other info. Since these people are "NPCs", if I were to grab them with the Physics Gun, I wouldn't be able to freeze them in place, I could hold them in place but I would need to have my finger on the trigger at all times to hold them. I would be able to still grab them and move them too.

I'm not going to lie, it kind of spooked me at first when we locked eyes- although I didn't make much of a movement. I tried using the Half-Life 2 zoom feature but I find out that the zoom is much further than remember being able to do compared to back then.

I noticed her ears straighten up and tail floor up a bit, indicating that she realised we locked eyes too. She quickly scurried away soon after she watched me a bit more.

"Ah, so this is the new Penguin Logistics partnership representative?" I hear a feminine voice come from my left.

I turn my head quickly to lock onto two brown pairs of bunny ears, I look down and recognize her blue eyes as she was the one Texas was talking to earlier. She stiffens up a bit when she sees my goggles but then recomposes herself. 

"My apologies, when I saw you, I thought you were a Reunion Wraith Leader. It is a pleasure to meet you, Construct. I am Amiya, the chief executive officer of Rhodes Island." She holds her hand out for a handshake.

I nod and accept her handshake. Due to my PlayerModel being a part of me, I can feel her smooth hands through my false gloves. I notice that there is a massive streak of a black, crystalline substance running up from the back of her hand, up. I also notice the individual rings she has on her fingers. The surface of the rings looked ethereal.

We finish the handshake, with Amiya giving me a gentle smile. We back away and go back to our own activities. I turn to look towards the sunset, by the time we get there, it will be night, probably, although, I'm sure I have a PlayerModel suitable for the party situation... heh, SUIT-able. (Kill me.)

From the Suits and Robbers Player Models addon, I saw it fit for me to the PlayerModel under the guise of 'models/player/Suits/male_07_open_waistcoat.mdl' or Suit_7e for short. The reason why I chose 7e specifically is due to his extremely generic face. His face serves well in every situation and it's so generic that not even combine city scanners can pick up his face on their records.

I'm sure this will be a great party.