Dark Link Catch Up

First Meeting

8:30

​​​​​​
He was now an hour and a half late. You sighed in gloominess and rested an elbow on the elegant table as you took a few more bites from your almost finished plate. You could feel the loneliness and the stares at your table, probably wondering why you were eating alone. This place was commonly known for couples or a group of friends to dine and have fun. Instead, you were sitting in a comfortable booth with no one to talk to except your conscience.

Of course, he wouldn't show up!

Why wouldn't he stand up a desperate chick like you?

Rey, a very friendly guy in one of your classes, had asked you out on a date and you ignorantly accepted. You both had agreed to come at seven but it seemed only one of you fulfilled that request. You thought it'd be exciting to go on a date and had picked out the perfect outfit with decent hair and shoes. The only one who could appreciate was a waiter that kept giving you looks that said,
"Just give up already".

While you were indignant and discouraged, you were also confused.

Rey seemed like a nice guy that socialized with everybody. Did he just forget? Or were your suspicions correct and he just didn't want to hang out with someone like you? Trying to get out of these thoughts, you took a gulp of water and fiddled with the red, velvet tablecloth. In the corner of your eye, you saw the waiter that took your order coming your way and silently groaned. He gave you an incredulous look as he crossed his arms.

"You're still here? Obviously whoever was supposed to come isn't going to show up. I suggest you pay your check and leave before you cause yourself any more embarrassment, sweetie." He dropped the check holder on your table before leaving to go take another person's order.

You pathetically open the holder to see how much it is and put the amount on the table. You didn't want to be here longer than you had to so you quickly walked out of there, vaguely seeing the previous waiter get the money off your table with a smirk.

You kept your head down as you blinked back your tears and swallowed the aching lump in your throat. You refuse to let something so ludicrous cause you to bawl in front of everybody. However, you couldn't help the tear that managed to escape your eye and ran down your cheek which eventually dropped into a microscopic puddle on the ground.

You push open the doors and walked swiftly towards your house. The restaurant hadn't been too far from it and you had assumed that Rey would be a kind gentleman and give you a warm goodbye before leaving. That clearly wasn't coming true anytime soon. You began to hear some shouting by an alleyway and peeked in to see what all the commotion was about.

"I highly suggest you hand over your weapon!" A man clad in black with a sword and a shield in his hands shouted at someone with authority. Perhaps it was an undercover cop that took on an unusual disguise?

"Man, fuck off! What I do with this gun is none of your business. This is the literal definition of doing too much." The boy responded coolly and you were pretty sure you recognized that voice.

"It is my business when I'm the only one who should be imposing threats and gruesome deaths." The blondie said menacingly. So much for the undercover cop idea. You walked a bit closer to find out who the other guy was.

"What the fuck? Just who do you think you are? Some kinda villain? Ha! You're as scary as my grandma! Now if you don't mind, I'm already late to go fuck this girl I had a date with. Man, she's so clueless. You should've seen her." Rey laughed obnoxiously. His dark hair shaking along with him. You gritted your teeth in anger and stood beside the "villain".