Chapter One: Panel

Start from the beginning

"Wait you did Lydia's hair?" Wanda asks Tony who nods smiling at his daughter remembering when he used to do her hair. He sort of missed that time with her.

"Yeah, I had Pepper teach me. We started with barbies before pepper let me do her hair and then I did Lydia's," Tony says with a shrug as many smiles at him impressed.

"Alright princes done," Tony says spraying some hairspray before running his fingers through her curls making them look much better.

"You run your fingers through them," Ana says impressed that he knew that as Tony nods.

"Pepper gave me lessons on different ways to do hairstyles and how to do them correctly when Lydia was younger," Tony says as many look at him impressed as Pepper smiles at him.

"Thanks, dad! It's perfect!" Lydia says hugging Tony tightly making him smile at her.

"Good! Now when we get there I need you to stay with Pepper and Happy alright?" Tony asks making Lydia nod.

"Yes sir," Lydia says as she salutes him making Tony laugh at her.

"She does that all the time to me," Clint complains but with a small smile on his face.

"Come on," Tony says picking Lydia up as he sits her on the ground. Lydia smiles at him as she grabbed his hand and the two leave the hotel they were staying heading to the Capital building.

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

"Mr. Stark," Senator Stern says as he hits the podium with a gavel, with an agitated and slick voice spoke.

"Could we pick up now where we left off?" Senator Stern asks as Tony smiles at Lydia tickling the blonde who was beside Pepper laughing.

The gavel is banged once more, louder this time, in an attempt to regain Tony's attention.

"Mr. Stark, please," Senator Stern says with the same slick voice as before.

"Dad," Lydia says pointing towards the front as Tony winks her turning around.

"The only person besides Pepper sometimes Tony listens to," Rhodey says making Happy nod and agreeing with him.

"Yes, dear," Tony says with a little smirk. The audience that had gathered mostly reported a chuckle at the exchange.

Lydia laughs into her hand as Pepper shakes her head but with a small amused smile at the girl. 

"Can I have your attention?" Senator Stern asked with a disapproving and exasperated look.

"Absolutely," Tony tells him with a clearly fake smile.

Lydia looks around and immediately noticed that everyone in the crowd was on her father's side, the scattered and audible chuckles were evidence enough.

"When isn't the crowd on Tony's side?" Clint asks rhetorically as the Iron Man and Captain side sends him a look making Clint realize what he said and shut up.

"Do you or do you not possess a specialized weapon?" Senator Stern asks after clearing his throat.

"I do not," Tony says leaning closer to the microphone as Lydia nods agreeing with her dad.

"You do not?" Stern asks him looking at the older Stark.

"I do not," Tony tells him before pausing for a moment to think over his words.

"Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon," Tony tells him.

"The Iron Man weapon," Senator Stern says as Tony looks at him.