Chapter Three: Reunion

. . .‧₊˚ ✩ CHAPTER THREE ⁺◟༉ . . .
❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔦 ∘ ❩
REUNION
life suddenly floods back into her eyes

❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔦 ∘ ❩ REUNION❛life suddenly floods back into her eyes❜

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

In the Afghanistan Desert Tony lays down on a rusty metal stretcher. His arms constricted and his body was full of blood, a crater cut in his chest. He stands while an anguished and chilling scream is torn from his mouth, and his agony continues.

Tony closes his eyes shaking his head and seeing this. He didn't want anyone to see him like this. See him weak. The only good thing was that Lydia wasn't here to see him.

A pair of hands with leather gloves lower a kind of contraption in the crater on Tony's chest. A dirty and ragged fabric was held over his face, the overwhelming chemical smell burned his eyes and throat.

The last thing he thought before the darkness swallowed his vision was Lydia's face, his voice echoed as she called him helpless.

"Tony," Pepper says worriedly as Tony just shakes his head.

"You were awake," Bruce says wide-eyed before looking at Tony horrified.

"There's no anesthesia in the desert," Tony answers making many looks horrified but Tony just looks emotionless.

Yinsen stood on the improvised cradle while Tony lay there motionless; it took a moment to regain consciousness.

As his mobility and sense returned him, he slowly stood up with Yinsen's help. The new addition to his chest emits a vibrant blue light, throwing a soft tone on Tony's bloody and bruised face.

"Yinsen," Rhodey whispers the familiar name. He hears it from Tony mumbling in his sleep. Now he knew why.

"You still haven't told me where you're from," Tony thought carelessly after the two have been sitting in silence for a while.

"I'm from a small town called Gulmira. It's actually a nice place," Yinsen tells Tony who nods.

Nat and Clint share a look at that. They remember a town named Gulmira that was attacked not long after Tony's return.

"Got a family?" Tony asks the man.

"Yes, and I will see them when I leave here. And you, Stark?" Yinsen asks as Tony looks at the fire.

Tony looks down at that. Yinsen was reunited with his family he just didn't realize how he would be reunited with them.