Chapter Ten: My Dad's Iron Man

Magsimula sa umpisa

"From the Strategic Homeland...," Pepper begins but Coulson interrupts her.

"Just call us S.H.I.E.L.D," Coulson says smiling at Lydia before he leaves the room.

"Right. Let's get this show on the road," Pepper says walking back towards Tony.

"You know, it's actually not that bad. Even I don't think I'm Iron Man," Tony tells Pepper as she looks up at him.

"You're not Iron Man," Pepper reminds him.
"Am so," Tony says tells her with a smirk.

"You're not," Pepper reminds him making Tony smirk as Lydia watches the two with a knowing smirk.

"All right, suit yourself. You know, if I were Iron Man, I'd have this girlfriend who knew my true identity. She'd be a wreck, 'cause she'd always be worrying that I was going to die, yet so proud of the man I'd become. She'd be wildly conflicted, which would only make her crazier about me," Tony tells Pepper who looks at him.

"Lydia just watching this loving it!" Rhodey says laughing.

"Tell me you never think about that night," Tony says as Lydia watches intrigued.

"What night?" Pepper asks him although she knew what he was talking about.

"You know," Tony tells her as Lydia smirks.

"Are you talking about the night that we danced and went up on the roof, and then you went downstairs to get me a drink, and you left me there, by myself? Is that the night you're talking about? Thought so," Pepper says making Lydia try not to laugh as she looks wide-eyed.

"Will that be all, Mr. Stark?" Pepper asks him making Tony smile at her.

"Yes, that will be all, Miss Potts," Tony tells her before turning to Lydia.

"Love you, Princess. Don't leave the room," Tony tells Lydia who nods as she smiles.

"I love you too and I won't. And dad I'm proud of you. Even if you are or aren't iron man," Lydia tells him as she stands on the chair kissing her dad's cheek and then fixing his tie.

Tony smiles brightly at her kissing her forehead before walking out of the room and towards the press conference.

"And now, Mr. Stark has prepared a statement. He will not answer any questions. Thank you," Rhodey announced to the reporter.

"Uh...," Tony says as Lydia stands beside her mom and agent Coulson in the conference room.

"... It's been a while since I was in front of you. I thought that this time I would keep the cards," Tony says as the reporter laugh making Tony clear his throat.

"There's been speculation that I was involved in the events that occurred on the freeway and the rooftop...," Tony says as he begins to read the note cards.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark," a familiar voice cut over the click of the reporter's cameras making tony look up.

"Ugh, her," Peggy says disgusted making many nod feeling the same.

"But do you honestly expect us to believe that that was a bodyguard in a suit that conveniently appeared, despite the fact that you...," Christine Everhart says as Tony looks at her.

"I don't like her," Lydia says looking at the woman annoyed as Pepper nods agreeing with her.

"Okay, honey nobody does," Pepper tells Lydia who tries not to laugh at Pepper's words.

"I know that it's confusing. It is one thing to question the official story, and another thing entirely to make wild accusations, or insinuate that I'm a superhero," Tony says interrupting the annoying reporter.