Part 17 - His Grace Is Sick!

Day 34...

"Brother, you made so many mistakes on the documents you handed to me last night, it's more than the other day, you know."

Dominic's sudden complaint, fills the whole dining room silent, since everyone stops eating and turns to Aamon.

And he seems not surprised about it. "On what part?" He asks.

"Mostly the dates, your signature's too. You're not writing it in the right place-"

"Are you not feeling well brother?" Eris interrupts.

"Will if that's the case then you must rest, I'll substitute you in the meantime."

Concern is gnawing in my stomach as I stare at him, waiting for his response to Dominic.

"You're right, just for today." He answers.

I hold a fist over my leg... I'm worried. Also, I should have treated him better, not avoiding him. But I didn't know he'd be sick today.

"Also brother. Did you agree for Y/N to come with the servants to the Lumina City to buy spices?" Eris asks, and I hold my breath for a moment.

I've known about it long ago that the servants usually go places to buy spices, every Saturday. And since I told Aamon about leaving the house today, I decided to tell the servants that I'd come with them. And Eris found it out, so she forced me to wear the dress she brought for me, and the hat that I ready in the foyer.

"I did." He lied.

He didn't know, because I never ask permission. I'm still angry at him after all.

"Alright, I thought she just made it up."

I purse my lips. I really did make it up!

"Bring the guards with you, especially Evrin."

My eyes move slowly in his direction, and I catch him looking at one of the servants, not me. Thank god. I might get a heart attack if our eyes meet.

"Evrin? Are you giving Y/N away?" Gusion's intrusion, makes me frown.

Oh, right. He heard Evrin's craziness last night.

"He can protect Y/N." He looks so cold while saying it. Like he doesn't care a little bit.

Did he even hear what Ervin said when he stopped Lixia? Maybe he did, he just care less.

Aamon Paxley never fails to give me swarms of random emotions. I'm just feeling sorry seconds ago, and now I'm pissed again.

9:23 am...

I lost my appetite at breakfast, so I'm snacking cookies while sitting on the sofa in the foyer.

The beige floppy hat is on my lap. A white ribbon rounds the crown, on its left part at the top of the brim are three white flowers, that are arranged beautifully like a bouquet. It looks so elegant and matches perfectly with my white dress. A powder white color, puff sleeves in jewel neckline. All this was brought by Eris, and I'm not complaining because it fits me so well.

"Lady, the carriage is ready." A servant pokes her head in the ajar door.

I then nod, bring myself up while smoothing my skirt.

It's now or never.

I stroll across towards the door, footsteps echoing in the quiet foyer. Before I pull the door open, I look behind, thoroughly scanning the area, but not a single soul is around.