Part 16 - Smitten Dhampir

"I can't believe the two of you will protect this lowly creature. How did she escape the dungeon?" The woman comes out from the bushes, and I perfectly remember her. She's not Aamon's enemy yet I guess she hates me.

"Mistress of the mirage sickle, the stalwart daughter of one of the Elders in the house Paxley. Long time no see, Lixia." Evrin utters while striding forward to meet her. He seems purely excited to see this woman.

"I heard that you're here so I came to visit, but I never expected some intrusion from someone that should be rotten by now in the dungeon." She eyes me sharply. "Can you explain this to me, your grace?"

I don't remember intruding her, but I'm seriously doom by Aamon. I'm out in the open without his permission, he must be so pissed off.

"You still talk with that deadly tongue of yours Lixia." Aamon inches backward towards me. "Out of all the matters you need to do, you still choose to interrupt mine." Shards then float around his hand.

"I'm not here to fight because we know it always ends with a draw. So why not just explain to me the reason why you're so overprotective of this woman?" She walks so slowly like a predator hunting a prey.

A long moment passes and I guess Aamon doesn't know how to respond.

"I-beg for him to pardon me." I then bend sideways peering behind Aamon.

Her scowl gets more aggressive, but I don't cower. I even step to the side to show her a clear view of me, but Aamon's arms travel backward wiping me back behind him.

"Do you still think a person like her can stab a concrete wall by playing a knife by accident?" He speaks.

"I get it from the start, that she saved the moment, but how do you trust her so well? Didn't she appear randomly in your life not long ago? Isn't it too suspicious, your grace?"

Suspicious?

My gut starts to squirm. I don't remember anything, the only thing I know is that I have the heart of Anima. There's no hint of my past self, not even a single nostalgic feeling to stir my memory back. It's blank, empty.

What if one day I remember everything? What if my past self had an evil intention... then that dream of mine will make sense.

Aamon will kill me, because I betray him.

Anxiety quickly overpowers me, and I start to heave some air.

"Pardon? Does it mean, little Miss is not from here?" Evrin joins in.

"You didn't even doubt a single strand of her hair your grace. It's unlikely you." Lixia continues. "Let's end it here, I don't want this family to end into doom."

She spreads her hand forward, then that energy is back again, now enveloping her whole body.

"She corrupted you. The Lord Aamon Paxley I once knew changed a lot since this woman showed up. She needs to die whether you like it or not-"

I can hear her threat but it doesn't sink deep. I'm still most afraid of me remembering my memories.

"Not a scar, Lixia." Suddenly, my attention comes back to them.

Evrin is holding Lixia's arms and she grimaces like she's in so much pain. I also notice his appearance that change, his blue eyes turns red, nerves bulging in his temple, and he's baring a sharp fang.

"You!" She growls.

"Don't let this Evrin warn you to stay away from the woman, I'm smitten with."

My shoulder slumps with Evrin's vulgar reason.