Part 14 - I Had Enough

At dusk...

It's not that long until we arrive back to the house. My experience in the city is not what I expected, I'm not having fun at all. All I gain is a tired body and swirling thoughts of anxiety.

Sometimes I don't understand why I keep all my questions to myself when I can freely ask Aamon about everything. But he's different since we left home this morning, like he didn't know me. Will, before we go outside, they told me to pretend as Eris's friend in front of the guards, so maybe...I hope he's just faking it.

"Bring these bags to Y/N's room."

I look at Eris blankly, she's counting all the shopping bags that the guards are holding. I can't believe she brought the whole boutique.

"I will." The guard named Evrin snatches the bag from the other guard's hand.

"Careful with that." Eris nags.

"Mine's are a bit heavy and it's fragile, don't break it," Carson orders the guards while we stroll inside.

"Are you alright little miss?" Evrin leans over to peer at me. And he's still wearing those cat ears. "You look pale."

"I-"

"Young lady, get in the house quickly." Aamon's abrupt interruption startles me in a weak manner.

I nod in response and walk in wide steps. He must be worried.

Randomly Evrin picks up my hand and links it on his waiting arm. "I'll usher you to your room, little miss."

I show a tight smile and walk in with him. Rejecting his offer might be suspicious so I just play along. But I really need this, I'm starting to get dizzy.

Feeling too many negative emotions starts to make me sick.

After what seems like a long walk, I arrive in my room. Evrin places the bags on the sofa, while I sit on my bed.

"Do you need anything, little miss?" He asks.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you." I want to dismiss him as soon as possible because I want to rest.

"Alright," He says and bows at me.

My brows are about to meet, in a frown. " You don't need to do that."

"Sorry, Little Miss. Just a habit." He grins, and strides to the open door.

My response is a real thankful smile, and he disappears after closing the door. Quickly, I jump right in the bed and roll over to close my eyes for a moment since I have no energy to change.

Just then right before I am about to drift into sleep, a knock interrupts it. Slowly I wince and push myself up because I can't ignore it for long.

Evrin is standing right there smiling with a glass of water in hand. "You need this." He says.

I breathe out and take the glass. I don't have the energy to tell him that I'm fine, that he doesn't need to bother himself. So, I gladly accepts it.

"Thank you, I'm going to rest now," I say, to inform him that he must not bother me again.

Though it's a thoughtful gesture for a guard to do.

Wait! Does this guy like me?

No, I can't be assuming.

"Then, see you tomorrow, little miss."

And he finally left.

Moments later...

I'm staring at the ceiling, thinking that Gusion must be right about Evrin. He looks kind to me, though he has a proud kind of attitude, but nothing is negative in his eyes. He's not angry or sad. He doesn't have those hidden emotions.