chapter 8

what you all are waiting for? Isabella's meeting with her brothers.

let's start!!

Isabella's POV

"Three pairs of eyes look at me," I thought to myself as I entered the mansion. Victor, my eldest brother, ordered the three men to introduce themselves. The first man, a brown-haired boy, said, "I am Romeo, and this is my twin, Maximo."

Maximo glared at me, and I glared back at him, feeling a sense of hostility between us. The second man, who looked the youngest of the three, said, "I am Giovanni, and I will be your favourite brother."

I nodded, feeling a bit uncomfortable with his statement.

"Show her, her room," Leonardo ordered, and Giovanni led me out of the room.

After going up two flights of stairs, we reached a black painted door. Giovanni opened it and said, "If you don't like it, we can redesign it."

"No, it's fine. It's good-looking," I replied, trying to sound polite.

"Dinner is at 8:30," he said before leaving the room.

I sighed, feeling overwhelmed. In just 24 hours, my life had taken a complete 360-degree turn. I pulled out my phone and called , hoping to get some information on my family.

"What information did you find on my family?" I asked as soon as she picked up.

"Nothing," she replied, her voice full of shame. "All I found out was that they own the D'Angelo group of hotels and clubs."

"I can't find out anything about their personal life," she added sadly.

"Keep searching, and when you find something, inform me ASAP. Got it?" I said.

"Oui, patron," she replied before hanging up.

I had one hour left before dinner, so I decided to take a shower. After 45 minutes, I stepped out, feeling refreshed. I dried my hair and put on a neat and comfy pair of pants and a shirt. Looking in the mirror, I wondered what was in store for me in this mansion, and if I would ever be able to find out more about my family.

 Looking in the mirror, I wondered what was in store for me in this mansion, and if I would ever be able to find out more about my family

I went down to the living room, feeling uneasy with the silence that followed my entrance. The only available seat was next to Maximo, who seemed to be enjoying my discomfort. A few minutes later, two maids came in and placed dinner on the table. I ate quickly and finished within 15 minutes, while the boys were still taking a second helping.

Suddenly, Victor interrupted the silence, "We need to talk. Come to my office," he said calmly in a cold tone. Maximo snickered next to me, and my brothers glared at him. I calmly got up and followed Victor, climbing three flights of stairs until I entered a black-looking room that I had to admit Victor and I shared the same tastes.

"I have a few questions that I want you to answer truthfully, and you need to follow a few sets of rules while living under my roof," he said sternly.

"Go on," I replied, trying to sound confident.

"What were you doing in France three years ago?" he asked, making me stiffen.

"My adoptive parents went to live there for a year, so I accompanied them," I replied, trying to sound casual.

He nodded deep in thought before asking, "How many languages do you know? I saw your report cards"

I raised an eyebrow, surprised at the question. "Eight, including English," I replied.

I saw a look of pride flash in his eyes, but he quickly masked it and continued, "I have one last question. I've seen that you've been in foster homes for the past seven years. Have your foster families treated you well?"

For a moment, I was stunned, wondering how he knew about my past. I had to lie so I said, "They treated me like a human."

Victor then laid out his rules, "You will inform your brothers of your location at all times, keep up your grades in school, respect all your brothers, no drugs, no smoking, no drinking, and certainly no boyfriends. Also, you will not enter the fourth floor and the basement without one of your brothers," he said sternly.

"I will try my best to inform one of you of my location. I always had excellent grades in school. Respect is to be earned, not given, so as long as you respect me, I'll respect you. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and as for boyfriends, all kinds of boys manage to irritate me, so I won't have any, don't worry," I replied confidently before walking out of the room.

 "Also, I wish to tell you now that for years, you were not present in my life, so even today, I will never consider you my brother. Do not expect me to fulfil any duties of a sister," I said curtly.

Before I left, I saw that his eyes were full of agony. There was something, something missing, something I didn't understand. They were hiding something from me, and I could feel it. I promised myself that I wouldn't rest until I found out what it was. As I walked out, I could sense the tension in the air. There was something that they weren't telling me, and I needed to find out what it was. I vowed to myself that I wouldn't rest until I uncovered the truth.