Woke Up As The Forsaken Son

'My hand feels cold for some reason, did I leave the aircon to its max again? Maybe I should call Kim to give me some coffee'

Reaching out the small bell he had on his table, he was surprised to hold nothing but air. Opening his eyes, he found himself sitting in the square plaza. People are passing by, looking at him with eyes judging him from head to toe.

'Where am I?'

He thought to himself, not being bothered by those scornful gazes straightly thrown at him. Analyzing what he was doing there, he look at his body only to see that he was wearing different clothes. With a frown on his face, he now notices how his hands are different from what it usually was. Even the watch on his wrist is missing.

'I never remove that...'

Looking behind him, he saw a trail of water gently splashing in his direction. There he saw a fountain. As soon as he stands up, the chilly air touches his skin. He may be wearing clothes but it wasn't enough to let him feel the warmth as those are nothing but thin clothes that is not good for such cold weather.

'Where the hell am I?'

Gazes upon gazes landed in his direction, he have no idea why they are looking at him like that. But the moment he saw his reflection in the glass pane of the coffee shop not far from where he was, that is when he knew the reason behind their actions.

A messy hair that doesn't look combed at all, the fact that it was long made it seems like he hasn't received a haircut for ages!

'Matched with these clothes, I really look like a beggar or what so a hermit'

Closing his eyes, he tried to calm himself down as he was aware of the fact that if he make a fuzz, he would just make them think that they are right all along. That he was a crazy beggar who sleeps in the plaza square.

"How... did... I... end up like this?"

He asks himself wanting to know what happened. Just a while ago, he remembers himself looking through files to files about his company.

'I do remember asking Kim-' his secretary '-that I need that certain files and that is all I remember. Did someone take me out of my office and leave me here?'

Looking at his reflectioncmade him realize that it was impossible for someone to make him look like that without using any magic.

'And who is this... ugly man?' He touches his chin only to find himself touching a grown mustache and beard. 'Ha... that ugly man is now... me'

The difference with his body is just so vast that he would even think that he was possessing someone else's body.

With a shiver running up his spine, that is when he realized one thing, he is no longer in his own body and that he have no idea how to get back to his own body. A bliss of wind whispered to his direction.

'It seems like I was left with no other choice but to live the life of this guy for the meantime... but first, I have to do something about this and that'

.

.

.

"A... a monster!! Sister there is a monster outside!!"

"A-a a! walking zombie!!"

Lots of voice shouting was heard as the children run toward their sister, afraid of what they saw.

"Calm down, calm down, there is no such thing as mons- MONSTER!"

Jumping back, the lady wearing a white dress shows the cross necklace that she was wearing.

'I would rather say that her reaction is much more insulting than those kids'

"I am a human, not a monster"

"Sister! The monster is talking!!" Hiding behind the lady, the children cried and shout in fright.

"I told you, I AM NOT A MONSTER!"

"AHHH!"

.

.

.

After the situation calmed down, the sister learns about what happened and apologizes on what she did. Offering him a water, that is all she can offer to him.

"I am really sorry for what happened earlier, I showed you a disgraceful side of mine... I even called you a monster..." she slightly laugh, thinking of what she did.

"I understand"

'Even I myself think of how ugly I was- no, how ugly this owner of this body was'

Drinking the cup of water, he finished it right away.

'Is he that thirsty?'

"Would you like to have another cup? My apologies, that is the only thing I can offer. This orphanage is not the way it used to be before. Ever since sister Venice died, all the other patrons we had started to cut their ties to this place..."

Looking down at the ground as she clench the pitcher she was holding, the man notice it and knew what was happening.

'The reason why I came here was because of that memory I saw. That may be part of the memories the original owner of this body have. But it wasn't clear, it was thanks to my feet that I even manage to get here...'

"Right, by the way, my name is Flora, it was late to ask this but may I know your name?"

Hearing those words, it seems to be a trigger in his mind. As if a door was opened, or a seal was removed. Memories rushed in his head like how the water from the faucet would fall. Different scenes pop in his mind as if different movies are played at once.

Standing up, it made Flora worried. Putting his hand on the wall that was behind him, he tried to fight the pain he felt. It was as if his head was hit by a hammer or a thousand blocks were placed inside his head with no stop.

"What... are... these..."

He asked, wincing in pain. Flora has no idea what was happening and can do nothing but stare and ask.

"Are you alright? What is happening?"

He stopped groaning in pain. He now knows who was the owner of that body he was possessing. It made everything clear to him. Everything, he now remembers.

"I am... Kriston... that... bastard"

'WHY THE HELL AM I IN YOUR BODY??'

STATUS: HIATUS with 5 chapters including Prologue [unpublished]