❥ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | Convenience Store Troubles (Part I)

Daniel POV

"That'll be 70 cents. You need a bag?"

"Nope."

"Goodbye."

I got a job at a convenience store to help me with living expenses and other things.

Flashback, yesterday after school.

"Byeee Daniel! Good luck with getting that job!" 
M/n shouted while waving goodbye to Daniel, in which Daniel waved back.

After he watched the boy walk away, his silhouette slowly fading away as he walked father and father away from him, he turned back to look at the sign in the convenience store's window.

| Hiring Part Time Nights |

9pm - 7am

|   Wages Negotiable    |

"Are you still hiring for the night shift?" Daniel asked as he walked into the store.

"Oh.. Hello—" The owner of the store gasped as he looked at Daniel.

"I could work all night.."

'OH WOW! BINGO!' The owner thought while contemplating the pros of hiring Daniel.

"I've never worked at a convenience store before.. do you need a resume?"

'Handsome part timer -> lots of girl customers -> sales skyrocket'

The owner then hired Daniel without hesitation.

He saw how handsome he looked and immediately decided to hire him just based off of that.

Daniel was taken aback at how easy he got the job.

"Sorry? Well.."

"Can you start right away?"

"Uhm.."

"How much are you looking to earn?"

"That is.."

"I'll give you the max."

'Wow he's really cool.' Daniel thought before scratching the back on his neck nervously.

"No, I mean not for me, but for a friend of mine." Daniel admitted just as the owner came back with a staff uniform for him.

"WHAT?"

• • •

The owner glared at Daniel's other body in disgust, his whole attitude and demeanor being completely different from earlier.

"So you're the friend.." He said in a disappointed tone.

"Yes.." Little Danny mumbled quietly.

'Did something bad happen to him?'

The owner then began to say that he didn't hire high schoolers, saying high schoolers know nothing about the names of cigarette brands.