Chapter 2: The glitching forest

In fem Jesse's universe, she Lukas and Petra are investigating a glitching forest and they think that it is the work of a powerful entity like the admin. Meanwhile in male Jesse's universe (unlike fem Jesse, male Jesse leaves beacon town with Petra in his universe);

Present:

I clutch my bleeding side, dragging my injured feet on the white marble floor. I know I am leaving a trail of blood, but I don't have time. I need to let her know, I need to see her one last time before I die. I was to tell her about our real past. I can't give up, not now. I might be the fearless leader, Jesse, but for her, I am the sweet Jay. 

Past:

In fem Jesse's universe, Jesse, Lukas, and Petra are investigating a glitching forest, trying to find the source of the chaos the glitch was creating. Meanwhile in male Jesse's universe (unlike fem Jesse, male Jesse leaves beacon town with Petra in his universe):

Warm sunlight fell on the entrance of a cave. The torches illuminating the cave clearly indicated that it was currently inhabited by humans, sheltering themselves from the monsters that roamed outside the night before.

A brunette appeared from the caves, stretching his arms and legs. His face was bright and filled with excitement. His folded sleeves revealed the scars underneath, the souvenirs of his dangerous adventures.  

Jesse's POV

I gazed at the scenery before me. The breeze was cool accompanied by warm sunlight - the perfect weather.

My relaxed body suddenly tensed as I sensed someone watching me. I knew it wouldn't be Petra because she was outside searching for food. The atmosphere felt..... uneasy. I could sense danger coming my way but I didn't know from which direction or when. 

Thump! Not wasting even a second I quickly took out my sword at the sound. Turning around furiously, I attack the person behind me. But, my sword was stopped midway from coming down Petra as she ducked in time, sweeping me off my feet in a single kick. She was strong, very strong. 

I rubbed my head in pain and frowned at Petra who was looking at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"Easy tiger," She said, extending her hand towards me to help me stand up. "It's just me."

"Thank you for telling me or else I would have confused you with a baddie....maybe Stella." I teased as I accepted her hand and got up.

"Say that again and I promise you that you will end up with a broken bone," Petra said with a teasing look.

"I am hurt, wounded," I said dramatically, imitating Aiden which made Petra roll her eyes.