Jimin laughed, his face brightening as a smile spread across it. That trace of something familiar, something tempting, was there. A small glint in his eye, maybe. I couldn’t quite put a finger on that or on the way it made me feel before it faded away again.

"I, um, also wanted to apologize. My brother’s an asshole. He has that rockstar syndrome and it’s ... something.”

He shrugged, waving it off. Alex didn’t seem to be much for words, so I continued.

“Anyway, I wanted to thank you, apologize to you, and then ask a favor.”

“What’s that?”

“It’s when you ask someone for their help with something.”

The quip was out of my mouth before I could stop it. I cringed, but Jimin started laughing again.

“Yeah, all right. So kind of—what’d’ja call it, fay-vurr—are you looking for?”

I couldn’t stop myself from smiling, but I did shake my head.

“Her uncle said he’d teach her but ... well. I’d rather he didn’t. So I thought, maybe it wouldn’t be too expensive to just ... I mean ... do you have any recommendations? People who might be willing to take Leia on as a student?”

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck. The sleeve of his golf shirt fell back slightly, revealing even more of the tattoo on his bicep. I tried very hard not to stare, and even harder not to wonder if he had more tattoos hiding under that clean-cut look of his.

“I’m sure I can think of someone. Let me think on it a bit.”

“Sure. No problem. I mean, it’s not the—”

I was interrupted by a squeal of delight coming from the other office. Jimin raised an eyebrow and stepped past me, going to the other door. I followed him and poked my head in.

Leia was watching a dancing hula girl sway her hips back and forth, giggling madly. Mike was sitting behind a desk, elbow resting against it and hand covering his mouth. It did nothing to hide the smile in his eyes as she played with the hula girl.

Jimin, on the other hand, looked completely flabbergasted.

What are you doing, sweetie?” I asked.

“Mom!” She hustled away from the hula girl on the desk, eyes sparkling. “Mister Mike bought all the Thin Mints!”

“Yeah, well...” Mike coughed gruffly.

“She touched the doll,” murmured Jimin, slightly awed.

“What?”

As if she had just noticed him, Leia turned to Jimin. She grinned wildly, a dark splotch between her white teeth gaping through. She’d lost a tooth just last week, and the change in her smile tugged at my heart the same way she tugged at everyone else’s.

“Hi, Jimin!”

He almost fell over when she rushed up and hugged him. Leia was slight so I doubted it was from the force of her hug, and more from the shock that washed across his face.

“Thank you so much for the guitar, thankyou-thankyou-thankyou!”

He patted her shoulder almost uncomfortably before smiling as Leia let go of him. There was almost a sadness in his eyes as he looked at her, hidden just so, replaced by the usual look of reluctant adoration that people got when they looked at Leia.

No problem, kid.”

Leia managed to sell the rest of the case of cookies to staff around the studio, though true to his word, Mike had bought all the Thin Mints she had. Jimin walked us out after she shoved a handful of money into my purse, telling me sternly that she knew exactly how much was there and it had to go into her envelope at home.

“Can I leave you my number?” I asked Jimin.

He smirked. “That’s pretty forward of you.”

I laughed in spite of myself. “I meant for the recommendation.”

“Oof. There goes the ego boost.”

He grinned, that smile brightening his entire face again, and I noticed again just how good-looking he was; not just for a guy who was years older than me, but actually really good-looking.

“Maybe I was just trying to be subtle about it.”

Alex’s eyes met mine for the briefest of moments and I knew, right then, there was an unmistakable spark. I knew he must have realized it too, and for a moment I thought he was going to continue flirting with me.

Instead, he cleared his throat and chuckled before taking his phone from his pocket. “What’s the number? Oh, and ... your name, I guess. I never did get it from you.”

“It’s Em.”

“Next letter?”

“No, just Em. E-M.”

He looked up. “What’s it short for? Emma?”

“Don’t push your luck,” I laughed. “Just Em.”

“Last name?”

“Kim.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it’s...”

He started laughing and I realized he was joking.

“Give me a couple days. I’ll see if there’s anyone good in town.”

♛┈⛧┈┈•༶To be continued༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

________________________
___________________________________

This is all fictional...

And there is no hate at any bts member or any other idol.

Saranghae💜💜