Chapter 8 - I Got Myself a Girlfriend!

Mia's P.O.V

As soon as both parties were dismissed, I hurriedly went to ate Lexi to check on how she's currently doing and feeling.

But as I walked past the plaintiff's side, I saw Marites staring at me. And as she leaned towards another person in their party, she started whispering something at him while having this somewhat evil and mischievous grin, a smile that sent shivers down my spine.

This has had me thinking for a while. To be honest, I am a little paranoid when it comes to retaliation, revenge or pag-ganti driven by hatred.

"That was great, Ate." I said.

She was speechless and still disoriented due to the intense court battle earlier. Axel on the other hand is still as goofy as usual. I went to him and tapped him on the back, he looked and said

"Anong reward ko nyan?"

I just rolled my eyes and walked away because I may or may not have been blushing while he said that.

More than 20 minutes had gone by, and I started to feel bored. I actually plan on taking Axel out, but he is still busy talking to his Mom about how cool he was-

in which he was indeed cool...

As I sat down next to Axel, I tried to whisper at him na I will reward him as soon as we got home. At this point, we were all anxious on waiting for the final verdict. Until-

"Everyone, please settle down. The court will now be in session."

"Everybody please stand up, Honourable Judge Jozen Lamireves will soon be present in court." said the Court Clerk.

"I had never given a sentence so quick before, but I can confidently say that I have enough evidences and sensical statements to present my final verdict as early as today."

"May the Plaintiff and the Defendant stand up?"

"With thorough examination and careful considerations. I, Judge Jozen Lamireves together with the oath I had taken, sentence the Defendant not guilty. Case adjourned!" said Judge Jozen.

HOLY FUCK! WE WON?!

As soon as those words came out of Judge Jozen's mouth, everyone applaud. Except Marites of course.

Lexi's P.O.V

Isa lang ang masasabi ko, the truth shall prevail. Hinding-hindi talaga ako matutumbasan kung katotohanan ang usapan. Besides, kahit sino naman sigurong Judge ay hindi na magdadalawang isip na isawalang bahala yung katangahan ni Marites, di ba?

Pinalabas na kami ng court altogether with Lawyer Frank. This was the first time na nainvolve ako in any legal matter and surprisingly, nanalo pa kami!

"Tita? Uuwi na po ba tayo nyan?" sabi ko.

"Di siguro, bakit? May gusto kaba puntahan?" sabi ni Tita.

Mia's P.O.V

As we approach our car, I saw the same man that Marites was whispering to, earlier today. He walked cautiously and slowly coming near, and near to where we were standing on. I was very suspicious at this point, because he was wearing this long leather jacket with his hand inside his pockets. My inner instinct tells me to run, warn them, or hide, but I couldn't do anything because no one would probably listen to me.