Chapter One: Scheming

Vote and comment loves 💚
Comment if we want more chapters 🫶🏼

Stiles likes to think his life is semi normal. Not completely but semi. He could deal with werewolves, banshees, kanimas, and everything else that goes bump in the night. Well, mostly.

But what he absolutely could not handle is being in a relationship with Derek freaking Hale. Well, pretending to be. Why must Stiles pretend? Because a pack of werewolves, the Browns are coming to town.

Why does that mean Stiles has to be with Derek? Because if said alpha has not yet found a suitable mate then this other alpha wants to marry him off to his daughter. And no one from the Hale pack nor the McCall pack wants an outsider in their little pack. No siree. So, what's the next best thing? Pretending to be in love with one another.

Yeah, this isnt going to end in a disaster at all.

"Why does it have to be me?" Stiles whines for the twentieth time in the past ten minutes.

"Because you're the only single one left." Erica tells the boy.

"That's not true. Isaac's single too." Stiles defends. "And I'm pretty sure Chris is as well."

Derek scrunches his nose up in distaste.

Fair enough.

"Also, Jackson's lover boy isn't here either." The human adds as an afterthought.

Jackson looked disgusted. Derek looked like he was moments away from murdering the boy.

Also, fair enough.

Stiles sighs "fine."

After Stiles agreed, the Hale and McCall pack all sat around either gossiping, playing video games, or just enjoying the others company.

The pack was slowly flittering out an hour later.

When Stiles decides to call it quits after losing Mario cart three times to Scott, Derek spoke up before he could leave. "Starting Monday you will need to stay with me for the next two weeks."

Stiles shakes his head "what!? No. No way."

He could pretend from a distance but spend two weeks with him? No freakin way man. No freakin way!

"If we want this to be believable and not get killed then you need to do as I say."

"My dad, who is the sheriff by the way- "

Derek sighs like he's regretting all his life decisions to get himself to this point in time.

" - Is not going to let me stay two weeks with an alpha werewolf who was a murder suspect multiple times. He may know about the supernatural but this – he motions between them both. "He isn't going to approve of this."

"An innocent person, you know this." Derek addresses.

"Just say you'll be staying with Scott for a project or something." Says Isaac the trader.

"Have you seen Scott trying to lie?"

"Hey!"

"Well, its true! You suck at lying. Especially to my dad."

"Okay, then say you're staying with me." Isaac comes up with the solution to that problem. "I've gotten way better at the whole lying thing."

"But you live here with Derek." Stiles says slowly.

"I really thought he was supposed to be the smart one."

Which rude. He is smart, thank you very much scarf boy!