prologue

♡̆̈

"I strive to be like Minho and Jisung, honestly," Felix let his legs dangle over the edge of his seat as he proclaimed, the boy seated next to him giggling at the comment.

"Yeah, they're really good together." Seungmin added. What wasn't there to sing praise of the two?

The class was slowly but surely filling up with students just like them. They all had their own lives, their own stories, their own problems, their own secrets — they were all individuals.

Felix sighed, wandering father into his brain than necessary. "Hey, Seungmin," he began, hesitant but set. "What's your love language?"

Seungmin's brows furrowed. "I'd like to counter that by asking what exactly are the love languages?" he snickered. It was ironic. He was supposed to be the smart one, after all.

"Okay, I'll name 'em one by one: first is words of affirmation, which is basically using words to show love and feeling most loved with words; then there's acts of service, which is doing stuff to show love like making food or even holding a door open and feeling most loved when that's done for them," Felix needed a prompt second to recollect himself after the info dump which Seungmin happily provided with a question.

"Can you only have one love language? These are all really specific." The question made it apparent that Felix wasn't the only one needing a moment to collect himself after the info dump after all.

Felix blew a raspberry, dismissive. "'Course not, I guess they all play a part though in a relationship. But people always have a main one."

"Oh, that makes sense. Neither of those stick out to me too much though." Seungmin's 'oh' was drawn out, acknowledging.

"Fair enough. Next is receiving gifts or gift giving, pretty self-explanatory." Felix paused to watch Seungmin nod. "Then there's quality time, which is spending time together — self-explanatory. And finally, physical touch. Also self-explanatory."

"God, you love saying self-explanatory."

He pouted. "It makes me sound smarter."

"Not really," Seungmin giggled. His friend's antics never failed to give him a little laugh.

At the brief silence, Felix remembered the original question which brought them to the topic of love languages in the first place. "So? What's yours?"

Two taps on his desk for the turning cogs in Seungmin's thought process. "Maybe quality time?"

"Ooooooooooh, that's a good one!" Felix swooned, warranting yet another short laugh from the boy beside him.

"Yeah, right. Then what's yours?"

"Physical touch." It was then that Felix leaned over to Seungmin and began bombarding the ravenette with little punches, each accompanied by their own sound effect of 'pew' and 'pow' and 'wham'.

Through his laughs, Seungmin choked the words out — "This isn't physical touch, it just makes you abusive!"

Felix giggled. They both giggled, actually. A lot of giggling was done between the two of them.

Then Seungmin caught sight of the main characters breaching the door of their classroom, hand in hand. Jisung's cheeks were flushed red and Minho had such a smug look on his face that Seungmin was sure that there had been a drama-worthy moment just before their grand entrance.

Jisung, with his tiny hands, waved goodbye to the taller brunette. Minho leaned down ever so slightly to peck him on the forehead and ruffle up his hair a little.

Minho turned away, presumably off to his own class, leaving Jisung to his own accord with the reddest cheeks humanity could ever muster. He shuffled to his desk akin to a penguin, conveniently right beside Seungmin, and sighed dreamily.

"How are you, lover boy?" Felix snickered and shuffled closer beside Seungmin to hear the squirrel's response clearer.

"I'm just right, thank you Felix!" He grinned.

Seungmin snorted. "Fucking Goldilocks, did you have porridge for breakfast this morning too?"

"Hey!!! Don't be so mean to me for being in a happy relationship!" Jisung pouted comically, then reached down to get his stuff out from his bag, his eyes meeting the heart keychain Minho had given to him. The smile immediately returned to his face.

"It's hard not to, you know," Seungmin retorted, "think about how you felt when Chan and Changbin started dating."

Jisung's expression faltered just like that. Felix snorted.

"Exactly!" Seungmin smirked, smug that he had proven his point. "So now you get it."

"Definitely."

𓈒♡ྀི