gift-giving

♡.゜

Jisung sat in class, head in his hands, desperately awaiting the moment for the bell to ring. Only a handful of things tenanted his usually busy mind: how he needed to ask Minho if his teacher had marked his essay yet; how he had to give Minho a little paper heart he had crafted during the boredom of school; how he should tell Minho that he brought snacks to eat on the way home so that he doesn't forget to actually eat them; and finally, the image of Minho's face receiving the little paper heart.

... Or maybe he was hyping himself up too much. It was just a paper heart, after all. Minho had given loads of great gifts to Jisung before — which had costed the older a significant amount of money — and all Jisung could give back was stupid post-it note origami.

Jisung sunk back in his chair. The ravenette, Seungmin, beside him raised his brows and stifled a laugh.

Seungmin poked the side of Jisung's arm. "You alright there?"

"Yeah," Jisung groaned, his head still engulfed in his arms, "I just miss Minho."

"I love that for you." Seungmin rolled his eyes. Of course, not in the mean kind of way, but in the playful one; however, after noticing that Jisung hadn't shifted after his comment, he poked the boy once more. "You sure you're good?"

Jisung groaned again. "I don't know, I just feel weird." He finally let his arms rest by his side before clawing at his face.

"Yeah? Why?"

Seungmin's short responses left Jisung on edge. He did not like being on edge, but he understood that was just how he was.

"I guess I just feel bad, 'cause Minho always gives me cool gifts but all I ever give him are, like, paper hearts or paper bouquets or paper rings or — yeah." Jisung squished his own cheeks in frustration. When in doubt, he used himself as a stress ball.

Seungmin sighed and patted his friend on the back earnestly. "Honestly? I don't think he cares. He just wants you."

The thought instantly brought a flush to Jisung's cheeks. "Okay, okay, but still, I should get him something better than folded up post-it notes."

"Do whatever, I guess. But you know you don't need to." Seungmin batted a warm smile. "Of course, I'm not the man himself, so if you're that worried you should talk it over with him."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll think about it some more."

"We're getting a bit loud, class, I'd just like for the volume to be turned down a bit. Only talk about the work."

Jisung leaned over towards Seungmin having come to the sudden revelation: "Wait, so what are we supposed to be doing?"

•°•°

"See you later!" Seungmin and Felix chorused as they walked past Jisung, who had told them they should go on ahead because he was going to wait for Minho to come out of second period.

As soon as the older stepped through the doors, a smile crept upon Jisung's face with immediate effect. "Minho!!" He leapt over, wrapping his arms around Minho's neck, pulling him closer.

"Jisung, hey," he chuckled at the severity of the warm greeting, "how was class?"

"Boring. I missed you so much." Jisung planted a kiss on Minho's lips, his arms still around his neck. "But I got something for you!!"

"Really?" Minho's face lit up. Seeing the absolute happiness that he had written on his face at the thought of receiving a gift, Jisung made a mental note that he had to get him something for real sometime soon.

Brushing his thoughts aside, Jisung frantically nodded, his arms dropping from Minho's neck so that he could shimmy his bag off of his shoulders. The unzipping was filled with such heavy anticipation. He had to dig far and wide inside of his backpack, feeling around every corner and nook and cranny to acquire the present —

Snacks. Snacks galore. All topped with a paper heart.

Minho melted. "Jisung, this is amazing," he could barely form words through his grin, "we have to start eating all these. And the paper heart, oh my god Jisung you're so adorable."

Jisung received a hearty ruffle of the hair in return for his abundance of snacks.

He dared smile for a second before wandering back to this earlier thought. "I wish I could get you something for real, though," Jisung pouted, slotting his hand around Minho's arm.

Minho's jaw dropped. What had made him think something like that? "Are you kidding? This is real!! I love you and I love snacks and I love your little paper hearts!"

"Are you sure? You're always getting me real stuff, but all I ever get you is little stuff like snacks..." Jisung hunched forwards.

Minho reached down ever so slightly and planted a brief kiss on Jisung's forehead. "Don't worry about it, 'Sung. Your gifts are real gifts. And you know there's one gift you've given me that I really really cherish!"

"And what's that?" Jisung raised a brow, a spike of curiosity reaching him.

"You. You're my gift." Minho sighed. He side-eyed Jisung's reaction beside him, but all he could make out was the pink flush tinting his cheeks. "Now let's go find an empty table, I wanna pig out on these."

Jisung nodded with such passion that Minho couldn't help but grin.

♡.゜