Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

I tasted his blood in my mouth, groaning in pleasure against his neck. Fuck...his taste was intoxicating, and the way his body shivered against mine had me wanting to stay here forever.

"Adam..." My name whispered past his lips, and I wished it were possible for me to hold him closer, to become one with him. It was then I knew, I would never be able to get enough of my mate.

Too little time had past before I was finally retracting my fangs from his neck, I licked the wound closed and placed a gentle kiss to the tender spot where my mark now lay.

A proud and possessive feeling overwhelmed my senses, and I wanted nothing more than to take him away from here and make him mine completely.

Kaden slumped back against my body, his grip weakening on the arm of the monster, and in a split second, Adrian was there, taking the attacks of the monster and keeping its wailing arms away from us.

"Angel?" I called softly. "Are you okay?" I never let go, just held him tighter, waiting for the shock of my bite to wear off his body.

"Let's end this."

-Kaden's POV-

His teeth sank into my neck, the heat immediately spreading everywhere throughout my body, it burnt and stung, pulling a hiss from my lips as my eyes clenched shut.

Everything around me disappeared and suddenly it was just the two of us, his hands held me tighter, my back pressed up against his bare chest, and I forgot about the situation we were currently in, I forgot about everything.

It was painful at first, grounding me on the spot, yet I'd never craved pain so much as I did in that moment, and then it began to fade. I felt weightless, and the heavy feeling in my chest-that I had become all too familiar with-dissipated.

I felt his soul connecting with mine in a way that was unfamiliar, it wasn't me bounding my soul with his, but rather, his wolf becoming one with myself.

And then came the pleasure, so intense I wanted to pull him closer but from the angle we were at, it wasn't possible.

"Adam..." I whispered, hoping to get my unspoken message across. I felt so weak, yet so powerful, so needy, yet so satisfied.

Adam held me so close and so tenderly, and in that moment, I felt so damn important to him. It was then that I realised just how much I needed this man, how incomplete my life would be without my keeper. And so, I vowed to cherish and love my keeper for eternity.

His bite disappeared all too quickly and I felt the air rush back to my lungs, my hands lost their grip on the enemy and then Adrian was there, protecting us from the beast's oncoming attacks, and my body slumped fully against my keeper.

I felt so different and had no time to let everything sink in, it was something that would have to happen later, for now we had a fight to win. I didn't want to leave the comfort of Adam's arms, and now he had marked me, it just made it even harder.

"Angel? Are you okay?" His comforting voice wooed me, I didn't want to leave his side.

"Let's end this." My voice sounded hoarse, even to my own ears. I forced myself to stand up on my own. I...we can do this.

My eyes alit with upgraded power, golden swirls of Galtolgic power encircled my body and my presence and power were made known.

I thanked the gods we were in a secluded area and the shield protecting us from outsiders stayed strong.

My eyes locked with Adam's as I turned to face him.

"Are you okay to fight?" I asked, looking towards where his wounds had been, but all that remained was the blood, no signs of any cuts or damage.