Chapter 101

"I'm sorry for not telling you about Bellamy, but you wouldn't have helped if you knew the truth." Clarke stands opposite Niylah, a troubled look on her face.

Cramming a bag with supplies he bartered from Niylah's shop, Ethan tilts his head up to watch them. His knees crack when he swings his bag over his shoulder and stands.

"You didn't give either of us the chance to find out." Niylah grits out. "Just go, Clarke."

Pursing her lips, upset at their shift in friendship, Clarke sighs, "You can't stay here. If you do, you'll end up just like my friend." She takes a step closer to emphasize, "You need to run."

Seria springs to her feet, "I have somewhere." She clears her throat when Niylah's eyes swing towards her, "Nearby."

Niylah smiles.

Clearing his throat in order to conceal an amused noise, Ethan swings his bag over his shoulder and stands. "Then it's all sorted." He nods, eyes passing between each other in a show of reliance.

When Clarke turns to leave, Ethan catches Seria's elbow and waits until the former has left the vicinity to answer her questioning stare.

"I'm going to Polis. . . someone I know is there," He hesitates, glancing to the side and back, to clarify, "My partner. And last I checked, that's where Indra was headed, too."

Seria sighs slowly through her nose, "Be safe?" And though feeling as agitated by Indra's disappearance, she frowns and warns him. "Du Commander bastabfou."

The new Commander, going by the name Ontari, sounds more alarming than Pike and Jaha combined. Because she's got power, a whole nation behind her, ones that don't hesitate when they hear their leader's final orders.

Ethan knows nobody can mold Murphy but Murphy. But it doesn't mean he can sit here and wait for him to make it out himself.

"I have to," He says, quietly, and pats her on the elbow before he lets go.

"Hod op."

Ethan watches her move around the counter, and dig through something in the corner. "Chit?" He asks, brows furrowed.

Unsheathing some sort of. . . long stick?

A spear. The design carved along the wood catches his eye when it's passed over, smooth in his hands but weighted evenly. Ethan parts his lips in awe, swinging the spear around in the space in front of him.

It feels good in his hands. Great, in fact.

"Are you sure?" He asks, running a finger over the edge and exhaling sharply the instance it draws blood.

"Safe." Seria nods, sternly, and crosses her arms.

Ethan smiles at her determination, "I promise."

She tilts her head, and smirks, "I know a way in."

The only problem now is telling the group that he's planning on splitting off when they hit Arkadia. It's unfair, he knows, but in the end, one of them needs to check what's happening at Polis.

Ethan pauses just before he enters the Rover, for two reasons. One, he still hates the metal contraption the others have already gotten used to, and two, his eyes land on the only available seat with a grimace. Beside a pale and barely conscious Raven. He looks at her and can't help but see the person ALIE made.

Raven turns her head, notices him staring, and sends him a weary smile.

Ethan purses his lips in an attempt back. It's when he hops in the Rover and the engine starts up, that she talks, "I'm-" she chews on the word, "sorry."