Chapter 42: Let the poor man sleep

Dream POV.

“For God’s sake Dream wake up,” I felt someone lightly shaking me and I swatted their hand away as they did. My hands moved to rub my eyes before I opened them but then I felt my mask instead. Had I fallen asleep with this thing on?
“What?” I grumbled quietly, pulling the blanket draped over me closer to my chin.

“The intruders are down in the basement.” Sapnap said quietly as he looked down at me. “Two of them have bled out, however the rest are alive and waking up.”
“I’ll be down to deal with them in a minute.” I responded, before feeling something shift around on top of me.

I glanced down to see George, his face buried in my chest as he was curled up tightly. I smiled down at him from under the mask, admiring how beautiful the brunette looked, even when he was asleep. Sapnap seemed to notice and he quietly chuckled. “Stop staring at him you fucking pervert, he’s sleeping.”

“Shut up,” I responded. “And how do you know I am staring at him anyway?”
“Because I know you Dream.” The ravenette replied. “You are being a creep. How did you even get into his bed without him trying to claw your eyes out or whatever?”
“He was having a panic attack and I calmed him down.”

“Sleeping with a mafia boss that kidnapped you sounds really calming.” My best friend muttered sarcastically as I carefully climbed out of the bed without disturbing the sleeping Brit. “It sounds almost as calming as a peaceful afternoon walk at the dog park while covered in bacon.” He continued on as I stood up and slapped him lightly.

“Be quiet,” I told him firmly. “I don’t want you to wake him up.” I glanced back at George who had curled up against a pillow after I left, and his face showed a look of blissful contempt. Part of me wanted to climb back into the bed and cuddle with him but I knew that I couldn’t.

If I climbed back into the bed I could wake him up, and then he’d wonder why I was in his bed with him. Then I’d either have to come up with some random excuse which would make him think of me as some kind of pervert. Or on the other hand, he wakes up and I tell him the truth, and then he hates me for being in a mafia.

“Don’t worry Clay,” Sapnap responded. “George is usually exhausted after panic attacks and you know that. It would probably take a miracle to wake him up right now.”
“Let’s just go,” I grumbled, dragging him out of the room.

We both stepped into the hallway, not making a single sound in case the miracle that Sapnap mentioned actually happened and he woke up. Before I shut the door though I took a moment to examine him in the low light of the room. “You can admire your ex later Clay,” Sapnap hissed after a couple of moments. “Let the poor man sleep, he just had a panic attack!”

I sighed to myself as I did what the ravenette told me, silently shutting the door so that I didn’t disturb him. When I turned back and saw a shit-eating grin on Sapnap’s face I raised an eyebrow. “What?” The question came with an agitated tone.
“You two are just so cute together, I still can’t see why you broke up.”

He never really knew much about the break-up, so I don’t blame the question. The only person that I had ever told about it was Bad who had sworn himself to secrecy. “We broke up because he was moving.” I told him. “We both agreed that it was for the best if we didn’t see each other since long-distance relationships can be hard.”

To be fair, it wasn’t a complete lie, more like a half lie. I did agree that long distances would be hard, but I didn’t agree that it would be best for him to leave. In my opinion George should have been able to stay here with me in L’manburg, where we could settle down and have a nice quiet life away from all this death, and robbery, and other stuff the mafia got involved with.

“Well that’s a shame,” Sapnap responded. “Anyway, what do you want to do with the people in the basement? I could get anything before we went down there. Matches, pliers, whips. What are you feeling up to?”
“Surprisingly not torturing at the moment.” I stated.

“So where is everyone else?” I continued, seeing as the mansion was still extremely quiet as we walked. “Are they back yet?”
There was a nod from the ravenette beside me. “The last group got back half an hour ago. Most of them are in their rooms or starting to clean up.”

“Good,” I hummed, honestly wanting any distraction from George that wasn’t torture. “And you have called a clean up crew to get rid of anything damaged and replace it all?”
“Of course.” My best friend dutifully answered.

“Wait, Sapnap…” I quickly began, a thought coming into my head in the middle of my friend’s answer. He just gave me a grunt of acknowledgement to show that he was listening. “What’s the date today anyway?”
“The twenty-third of October,” he replied, after glancing at his phone.

“That means George’s birthday is in just over a week,” I muttered to myself, my eyes instantly lighting up as though I was a child on Christmas. “I could do something for him for his birthday!”
“A birthday blowjob might be a good way to restart your relationship.” Sapnap piped up before instantly getting punched in response.

“Please be serious Nick,” I huffed, not bothering to use his code name for once. In all honesty I could choose not to use his code name at all and he couldn’t say anything. But he was my best friend and I respected him. I usually referred to him as Sapnap, even when the two of us were alone, not that he acted the same way in response.

“I am being serious,” he pouted playfully. “Think about it. There is no stronger emotional connection than getting some good head from your ex boyfriend.”
“Maybe I should call Karl to get you out of here. He is the only one who is able to deal with your horniness,” I mumbled, my hand reaching down to my pocket and grabbing my phone.

“And deal with it he does,” a smirk climbed onto his face making me almost gag. Sometimes it was difficult to be his friend.
“You go do whatever you want, but I am having a meeting tonight and need Karl walking for it, okay?” There was a nod before he went sprinting off in the direction of Karl’s room.

I chuckled momentarily before sending a silent ‘good luck’ to the brunette who was about to get a strange visit. Then I went downstairs to help with the clean-up, starting with the front hallway. All the while, ideas spiralled through me for things I could do for the brunette’s birthday.
_________________________________________
1255 words

So today obviously isn't the 23rd of October, meaning that I won't be able to upload the George birthday chapter on November first cause we have obviously passed that date.

Might as well take the story down and attempt to line up the dates properly for next year.