Chapter 57: Briefing

Techno and Wilbur for those who were missing them *cough cough* THIS_IS_A_SIN
_________________________________________
Techno POV.

The captain's briefing was boring, just like it was most mornings. I had nothing against the guy of course, it’s just with myself and Wilbur trying to take down Dream’s mafia. We were doing more secretive work, because there was always a chance that Dream had paid off some cops to report back with any information we gathered about him.

Because of this we didn’t talk about what we were doing in the briefing, so it was just fifteen minutes of Captain Philza assigning cases to everyone else while myself and Wilbur sat in the corner boredly. And the worst part is, we couldn’t leave either. If we skipped out on every morning briefing then the other officers would know something was up.

Fifteen long minutes passed with different instructions to the other cops of ‘Officer Nihachu, Officer Manifold, there was a robbery down at the L’manburg Liberty Bank, go talk to employees and find out how they did it,’ and ‘Officer Callahan, Officer Antfrost, there was a body found at Kinoko park early this morning, go check out the area and see if you can find anything.’

Wilbur and I exchanged a bored glance at each other, trying not to complain even though we could use these extra fifteen minutes to do important work. I mean, think about how many criminals working for Dream would be prancing around the street between 8am and 8:15.

“You are all dismissed.” I heard the Philza’s voice breaking through my thoughts, and my gaze snapped back over towards the front of the room, watching as the other officers stood up and filed out of the door. They were all quietly chatting to each other as they left to do whatever it was they’d been assigned to do today.

Wilbur had stood up too, seeing as by this point we were the only two officers left in the room and the captain was standing at the front watching us. He didn’t want any of us to say anything in here, seeing as this room could be bugged by Dream’s men. So instead we went to his office, because he was so protective over it there wouldn’t have been a chance to bug it by anyone.

He led us to his office and walked over to the desk so that we could all sit down. The two of us had been in his office numerous times before for both good and bad reasons, and couldn’t help but glance over all of the decorations. After all, Captain Phil was a very accomplished man.

There were plaques lining a shelf on one wall, on the left side of the door. All of them had the same large letters engraved on the shiny gold plates; ‘Awarded to Captain Philza Minecraft’. Then underneath in smaller letters were different reasons for him getting awards, everything from taking down a drug ring to protecting a celebrity from a stalker.

On the next wall over, hanging behind the desk were a mixture of newspaper clippings, and photos. The newspaper clippings detailed even more of the achievements that the captain has experienced. Some of them dated back almost thirty years, showing a timeline of all the man’s experiences on the force.

The photos were of his family; his wife and eighteen year old son Tommy, however they dated back to when his son was just a toddler. Featuring pictures of the blond's Halloween costumes from through the years, his first day of each of his different schools, birthdays, and Christmas, along with other memorable moments.

Both of the walls pretty much made up a museum of Phil’s life, dating back to when he was a cop in his early twenties and all the way up until now. There were even a couple of photos of myself and Wilbur there from when we’d made major achievements.

Honestly it felt sweet, I had always hoped that one day I’d be like Phil; being a captain and running my own precinct. Hoped that one day I’d be able to have my own walls decorated with awards and stories and pictures of my friends and my family (if I ever decided to start one, but I couldn’t be sure since I wasn’t the best with kids, I have been in trouble for allegedly drop kicking in the past, in self defence).

I went to sit at one of the seats facing the captain, Wilbur had already settled in the other and now they were both waiting for me. Once I got comfortable I noticed Phil’s gaze shifted to behind both myself and Wilbur, checking out the window to make sure nobody was looking or trying to figure out what we were talking about.

“How have you both been going?” He asked. “Any new information from our inside help?” As he asked the question his gaze drifted between the two of us.
“George hasn’t been messaging us with as much information as we had hoped.” Wilbur answered plainly.

I continued on though. “However, it does seem that he has been earning the trust of members of the mafia though. Several of our people watching the house have seen him leave with multiple members, including Dream himself.” As I spoke I pulled out my phone, beginning to scroll through photos which showed George in numerous different vehicles with several different people.

The captain looked over the different photos, each one you can clearly see George, with named members of Dream’s mafia. A couple moments passed before he let out a thoughtful hum and leaned back in his chair. “And didn’t you also say that there was a text sent by George last night.”

“Yes,” I continued, moving from showing photos to showing the text he had sent last night, and passing it over to Phil for him to read.
The Captain's eyes skimmed over it for a few moments before looking over to Wilbur. “Did you get the same message?” He asked, before seeing a nod from the brunette.

“From what he said it shows that they have some sort of plan, and since they are talking about something happening ‘in a couple of days’ and it lines up with the false story of the raid that we told George.” Wilbur noted. “I think that he might have told Dream and the mafia but he still isn’t sure who he wants to support, which is why he came back to report to us.”

“That could be a working theory.” Philza hummed, standing up so he was now looking down at us. “I want you both to keep finding out more information, be ready from the first of November in case there is any movement.”

We both nodded as we stood up, leaving the office and heading to our own offices. I glanced at my phone again to look over the evidence before smiling. This information was going to be good, in a few days it should help us finally take down Dream once and for all.
_________________________________________
1263 words

It's that time of the story.
I have finished writing and so now you guys get to vote on which story you want me to write next.

Currently, after this story is going to be a DNF Prison AU called King Of The Cell, which has had blurbs in some of my other books. You guys get to vote on which story comes after that on the next part.

So have fun with the burden of choosing