Prologue

A/N I'm kinda proud of this cover, crude as it is :)

     Waking up is always disorienting for Sans. His room has always shifted slightly in the night, making his surroundings just unfamiliar enough to confuse his groggy mind for a moment. The memories start to rush in soon after. Bright images and jarring sounds bombard his mind. The new memories pile into Sans's already over-stuffed head. The oldest ones tend to blur and fade.

The more unsettling part is when Sans can feel his own mind starting to bend and warp. His personality and ideals shift into something that's not him. Sans's own personality is still present, but muted under this second identity.

Each morning, Sans wakes up as a different person. He has no name of his own. Why would he need one when he is always Sans? He does his best to live that day according to the memories and personality he's gained. When that day is over, he wakes up to do it all again.

It was all very confusing at first, but now, Sans thinks of himself as an observer. He's here to experience these different worlds and nothing more. It's not his place to alter their stories or make a disaster of some poor monster's life. Sans tells himself that he is content with this.

Sans can't remember a time before all this started. This could be all he is: a passing soul in the breeze. When he thinks like this, a feeling of wrongness creeps up his spine. Sans tries to ignore the voice in his head that says he was something. There's no point when nothing will ever change.

Change, however, is coming for Sans. Playing his role won't be as easy with the coming storm. Breaking out of his script is an obstacle that will both terrify and empower him. The Multiverse is beginning to crumble, and a nameless spirit may be the only one with all the pieces to the puzzel.