Chapter 4

Cry's POV:

The ball had started and men and women were beginning to show up. I was nervous: what if I made father unhappy? What if I made a complete fool out of myself. Oh, shut up, Cry! I thought to myself. I shouldn't worry. I won't mess up, messing up is stupid, and I'm not stupid. So what if I don't find someone? Doesn't affect me anyways, just my father, King Mark.  Oh well...

Pewds POV:

The carriage rattled to a stop and I looked out the window. Wow. I thought. The castle was much bigger than I expected. I nervously smoothed down my dress and exited the carriage. I began climbing up the huge-ass stairs to the castle. My flip-flop slipped and sidled around on my foot. By the time I reached the last step, I was panting, out of breath. Jesus Christ, I hate stairs, I thought angrily. I walked down the hall, which was now empty. I heard loud chatter enacting from the large oak doors at the end of the hall. Two guards opened the doors for me and I walking in the crowded room.Many people were crowded around the doors and were too busy talking among themselves to notice me slip past them. I soon spotted where maidens were approaching the prince... THE PRINCE!! I thought excitedly. I have never seen him in person, only in paintings. I sneaked behind pillars to get a closer look. I leaned to the side to get a better view. Damn, I thought, he got a booty. I leaned too far and accidentally stepped on the hem of my dress and landed with a thunk on the ground. I groaned and sat up.

"Here, take my hand." said a male voice. I took the hand and stood up. When I opened my eyes I saw the most beautiful man I had ever seen. It took me a moment to realize it was Prince Cry.

"I-I.. uhhh," I stuttered, "Err.. Thanks." I said, then gathered myself together and curtsied, bowing my head.

"Er, your majesty." I nervously spluttered out, staring at the floor. "There's no need for that, hun." he smiled, eyes twinkling. "A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be on the floor, getting dirty and all." (yes I know ) "I-I, uhh, it is a pleasure to meet you." I said.

"Would you care to dance?" Cry asked."Yes! Uh I mean of course." I mentally slapped myself. I must sound like a complete idiot. That's because you are an idiot, said a nagging voice at the back of my head . Shut up! I thought angrily back to my self. I followed Cry to the middle of the dance floor and he grabbed my hand. He looked at me and smiled, and I smiled back. I felt my knees begin to shake as he placed his hand on my hip. Music began playing from a corner in the room and Prince Cry and I began waltzing around the room. I had never danced with anyone before this, besides my father when I was a toddler. Cry spun me around and I began to relax. We began making our way to the garden outdoors. I heard people murmuring behind us, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything: not about Ken and Phil and Dan. I didn't care that everything I have right now will disappear at midnight. It was just me, and Cry. After dancing and dinner, Cry sat me down with him on a bench in the royal garden. He took my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back, feeling like the luckiest boy in the world, which I probably was.

"I really enjoyed spending this entire night with you." Cry said, "I feel like I have known you forever."

"Me too, Cry." I replied, smiling at him.

"Pewds, I know it hasn't been that long but, will you-" Cry was cut off by the loud clanging of the bell tower. I immediately  shot up and started panicking, for the clock had just struck midnight.