SAFETY NET | KSJ

You weren't the kind to compete in petty staring contests with your ex, but there was no way you could lose to Seokjin.

He made an appointment with your facility a few days ago to ease his back pain. His back must have become as stiff as a rock which he probably got from all the rehearsals.

Cutting the contest short, you asked him to lie down on the drop table because he came to align his spine rather than for eye sex. You began by asking with pursed lips.

"How long has it been since you got your back adjusted?" In response, he grunted.

"Other than you?" You hummed, "I tried it on my own from a Youtube tutorial, but it didn't work for me." You sighed heavily and stood behind him.

The minute you placed your hands on his back, you recoiled, "You're like a wall!"

He chuckled, "Right?"

"I have never–" you murmured, leaning firmly against him, "–seen someone so tense in all my life. When was the last time you had someone release the tension out of you?" You asked, carefully touching his shoulders and trying to work for your hands around his blades.

"Before we broke–ow!–up," he winced as your fingers pressed on his neck. It was excruciatingly painful. He had no idea his back was that tangled up.

"God, Seokjin, how do you work with so much discomfort?"

"I suffer in silence," you frowned. He always tried to put a strong front not to worry everyone. That was one of the reasons why you always fought with him.

"Your upper back seems to have the most stress," you said, kneading a particularly uncomfortable spot. He adjusted his head comfortably between two cushions when he felt your palms pressing against his back.

When you pressed down hard with both hands, Seokjin's lips formed in a tight line. He instinctively tensed up, even more, making you irritated, "Seokjin, I can't help you if you keep doing that. Loosen up." Seokjin attempted, but the harder you pushed, the more he fought back.

"All right, take a deep breath," you said. He did so, and he felt a strong shove from you. His eyes widened when he thought he heard something snap, "That's one." Gradually, he became less tense as you went on. He actually felt lighter. You were concentrating on his lower body.

"I sound like bubble wrap," he winced while chuckling as you shifted your whole weight to press down and felt a loud snap.

"I need you to sit now," Seokjin sat straight up when you asked him to but stiffened instantly when your hands touched his neck; he was never fond of people touching him, so it was only natural for him to be apprehensive.

"Feel that? That's a lot of tension right here," you gently padded your thumb in circles at the base of his head, "I have to get them so, I need you to ease up," You began caressing his neck between your palms, where he could now feel the knotted tension.'

However, Seokjin didn't like it when you moved his head to the side without his permission. He began to resist, causing you to glare at him, "I mean it, so stop fighting. I know what I'm doing."

He tried to relax and closed his eyes. Before pressing down, you moved his neck at an unnatural angle. With eyes shut tightly, he heard a sickeningly loud crack, "Well, that really was a big one."

Seokjin felt a little better right away. You cracked his neck a few more times until you were sure that all of the tension was gone. He flexed his shoulders and neck a few times before rising, feeling better than he had in years.

"You need to see your chiropractor regularly," you sighed, "If you want, I can recommend you to a colleague," his brows wrinkled at your suggestion.

He moved towards the door, turned his heel, and said, "I don't really need a new doctor."

Seokjin was halfway when he abruptly spun around, catching you off guard, and slammed his mouth to yours against the wall, muffling a groan in return. He had never felt so energized.

With a sneer, he drew back. "Thank you for fixing my back."

He spoke in hushed tones against your ear. And then he vanished, leaving you speechless. A little push and pull wouldn't hurt, right? It's not like you weren't exes who turned into fuck buddies or whatever you want to call yourselves now. It was a confusing game with him.

Your cheeks were hot as you murmured to yourself, leaning against the chilly wall with wide eyes — evidently still taken aback by what had just transpired. Suddenly, a slight grin appeared on your lips.

After the door had closed, you whispered, "You're welcome."

2 weeks went by and, you received a call from an unknown number. 'Probably an emergency,' you thought before accepting the call, "Hello?"

"Y/N, I might come back for another appointment," it was Seokjin.

Your brows shot up, assuming something had gone wrong, "Need anymore fixing?"

"Yeah," The other line went silent for a second, "Fix my life."