AN ODE TO MY CLEMATIS | KNJ

It's a universal law to know what the word "soulmate" means. Based on the statistics you've mentally analyzed during a long shower, 90% of the media sells the idea of experiencing affinity only once or how you only fall deeply with one person in your lifetime, but nobody warned you about twin flames mirroring you and how they're the literal half of you.

The framed diploma that hung on your parents' wall says you earned a degree in Financial Management which was ironic because financially, you get your royalties through writing books under the pseudonym m.e. thinking it was such a clever way to literally address yourself as such.

"Your apologies look like unsent texts, Y/N," your publisher Seokjin frankly tells you as he went through the draft of your new book. It wasn't a constructive criticism that you could just work on and call it a day, it was the truth.

"Like I don't know that already," you scoffed.

There are two things that you are well known for apart from being the only ghostwriter to have a large fanbase of readers: One, all your books contained the same theme – apologies, and two, you liked to use random letters from the alphabet as a chapter title.

"There goes my idea of you written in the fragments of my thoughts," heaving a sigh, you typed the closing words to the final book you'll ever write before you announce your (early) retirement. Your early twenties should be fun and filled with noteworthy memories but here you are being hard on yourself, still regretting the day your lie blew up.

Your readers even tried to get creative when they started to find easter eggs but to no avail. The chapters on your first book called Monospheres spelled out 'It's my fault and I admit it,' the second one being August's Longest Rain spelled out 'Our ship sailed away,' and the last one, Rue To The Sun, spelled out 'I regret losing you.' Of course, there wasn't anything they could find on the internet to know about you to try to connect the dots so they gave up.

An Ode To My Clematis. A title fitting for a book about regrets and acceptance. In classic Seokjin and his team's stunt, they announce your retirement but with a twist – for the first and last time in your career, a book signing and reading event will be held which also means revealing your identity to the public.

"It's a good way to market your final piece. Besides, if you're leaving the industry might as well end it with a bang," Yoongi, your PR manager, justified.

You weren't sure if what he had in mind was a good idea but you still agreed to wing it and go with his plan. After all, apologies are best delivered in person. It's not like anyone could indict you for trying to make things right at the last minute.

"How are they a suspicious writer yet still have fans? Make it make sense!" Hoseok asked loudly at the bookstore, earning him everyone's glares. He mouths a 'sorry' before turning back his attention to Namjoon.

Namjoon simply chuckles while scanning the book's cover, "It doesn't matter who the author is. It's a good book when it makes you feel things"

"Why do you like m.e.'s books so much? It's like voluntarily aging yourself by going through all the stages of grief in one sitting," Namjoon shrugs as he holds on to his copy.

The line to your book signing was so long, Hoseok was starting to feel bored, wondering as to why your book was such a big deal. Surely, there are other writers who are a lot better than you like the author of a critically acclaimed sci-fi novel, J.JK, or the top-selling children's book author who wrote his personal favorite, The Adventures of Little Chim, Vante.

Karma has a funny way of getting back at you. Standing stoically in front of you was the person you had in mind when you wrote all the books you've published, the warmest soul you exchanged reading poetry aloud with under a tree & shared anecdotes with while watching the sunset on Han river, and all your emotions personified is none other than Kim Namjoon himself.