Changes

"WAAAH!!" Naruto jolted up and breathed heavily for air...

'What... Happened? The last thing I knew was the Root's headquarters collapse along with mother's black flames and—'

"Seems like your regenerative abilities are improving rapidly. But you were asleep for a week already." Suddenly a voice he didn't know came from his side.

"Woah!!" Naruto was surprised at the sight of a man with snake features.

"You are—the previous leader... Orochimaru!?"

But ignoring Naruto's confusion, the snake man suddenly says, "I wasn't able to save her"

"Huh??" (Naruto)

"At the sight of a very young girl who desired to die, I abandoned my ideals... I stopped my experiments and everything I've ever worked for... I wanted to help her... Yet I can't. She told me that she 'wanted to save the world, so please let me become the leader' ...Tell me Naruto-kun... To you, what does it means to stay alive?"

At the sudden question, Naruto can only gap in confusion.

He already knows the answer but he can't answer due to the fast-paced meeting between the two of them.

But suddenly, another voice rang in Naruto's ears; "To protect, wasn't it... Naruto?" A very familiar voice.

Too familiar that it made Naruto explode with emotions.

For a second he doesn't care about who or where or what is happening...

He can only tear up and muttered the name of his sensei.

.
.
.

*ring* *ring*

"Are you doing well, Satsuki?" Sasuke said his words to the newest technology that's been popular for quite a while now.

"I am... Naruto's recovering quickly and so did I but— the dispute of executing Rimuru-sama amongst the Kage is still going... Especially Kumo... For some reason, Iwagakure rejects the proposal though...?" A girl's voice right after.

"I see." (Sasuke)

"Nii-san... While I'm happy with your changes, don't you think casually chatting with your enemy through your cellphone out in the open— in the middle of the day too at that, is a bit weird?" (Satsuki)

"Well if that enemy called 'my sister' decided to invade Konoha, I'll let her do it for free." (Sasuke)

"No, even for a joke— that's too far..." (Satsuki)

"Heh"

It ended with the older Uchiha's snort.

Sasuke hung up the phone and put it back into his pouch.

"Even if this world is not real..." Those words escaped from his mouth.

He always pondered the evil goddess's words after the Root HQ's raid.

"A story about two boys and hatreds revolving around them... A book. Even if this world is not real..."

Every one's life...

"Even if this world is just a 'book'... They're all real..." With a strange gaze, he muttered those words.

But suddenly, "Hn, that's true."

*SWOSH*

Sasuke turned around to see the figure he had forgotten for a long time.

The misunderstanding has been cleared after the Root's incidents, but Sasuke can't help but has this strange feeling...

He realized now that his hatred should've been directed toward the man who betrayed the clan... Yet he somehow vents out his frustration towards a certain evil goddess for 4 and a half years...

But he can now think clearly, he can comprehend what is ideally right and wrong for himself.

And whilst looking at one of the individuals; clad in black and bladed straw hat, Sasuke muttered one thing.

"Nii-san..."

.
.
.

[With Minato]

Minato was currently doing his paperwork whilst pondering what Rimuru had said.

"What a messy plan you have."

Minato knew she would be able to guess his plan right when he said that. But he can't help but reconsider.

"Before we met, you blindly follows the fake god that you worshipped before... You entertain your God at the cost of your students' suffering. Yet now you would do whatever it takes for your dearest even though it'll create chaos?"

The evil goddess in hospital gown stated thus.

"What do you mean?" (Minato)

"I know what you're trying to do, Minato... You might resent me, you might want to kill me. While I do appreciate your initiative to kill me, I was just a bit disappointed by the fact you weren't going to actually kill me."

Minato closed his eyes.

"So she knows..." He muttered as the image of Rimuru inside his head continued her words.

"You will pretend to announce my execution by killing the 'evil goddess Rimuru'... But by Kakashi's request, you won't kill me for real. While that shows just how much you love your students now I can't help but be disappointed."

Minato get up from his chair and looked at the Kage hat hung on the wall.

"If you die then the fighting simply ends... Either the third Hokage who's retired will take back the hat, or another will become the fifth kage... But If I die... Depending on how it was, the Root will become vengeful."

"That's right, if only I died due to my own suicide or an accident... Then everything would be peaceful, but if I were to die at the hands of someone else... You can't even imagine that, can you, Minato?"

"What'll happen is..." (Rimuru)

"Another war... Huh?" Minato muttered with a stern face.

Minato can't help but ponder it many times. Akatsuki's members, an unknown list of otherworlders, and a handful amount of members that were supposed to be canon to the story...

He knows the fact Sasuke was able to raid the Root's HQ was because of Rimuru's orders and flimsy obstacles that were purposely set in front of Sasuke.

But if they were going all out for real then—

"?!" Something suddenly crossed Minato's mind.

"Haha... It seems like She underestimated me a bit too far..." While smiling he muttered

.
.
.

*BOOOM*

An explosion— no,  a very strong wind.

A part of Suna was raging with dark winds. A figure of black with white hair screamed out of frustration as two black tornadoes rages wildly; sprouting from his back; as if making a silhouette of a man with wings that went berserk.

He was surrounded by his subordinates who are trying to calm him down, among them was Anko Mitarashi and as she cover her face from the raging sharp winds she heard one thing.

"ALL OF THEM... SHOULD DIE!!!!"

.
.
.

To be continued.