With another sigh of exasperation, she timidly opens your door.

The noise snatched your attention away from the pan. "Uy! Good morning, Jill!" You greeted.

Jill genuinely smiles and pads over to the dining table. "Morning," she replies. The medicine has yet to take effect but she feels much better than when she woke.

You cheekily grinned. "'Musta hangover?"

"Ugh," Jill groans and runs a hand through her bed hair. "Not the worst I've had, but it's still bad."

You only laughed as you plate the egg you fried. Jill woke up just in time for you to get done. You almost opted into doing a breakfast in bed but you thought that would be too weird and intimate, so you figured you'd just wait for her to wake on her own. You made corned beef, sinangag, fried some hotdog, and of course, egg. You don't know what Jill would like so you kinda just cooked everything. Options.

"Tara, kain." You said as you serve the dishes.

Jill is overwhelmed and almost wanted to sarcastically ask, "Ano'ng okasyon?" but holds back her tongue. You're being a gracious host, and she should not disrespect that. This breakfast still feels like a feast, though. And damn, you fried the egg just the way she likes it: over easy with crispy edges. Jill tries hard not to blush.

"Sorry, andami kong niluto. Hindi ko kasi sure ano'ng gusto mo, e." You laughingly said.

"Honestly you've already done so much, but thanks a lot, Y/N." Jill sincerely replied.

"Naku, wala 'yon," you nonchalantly answered as you scoop some fried rice to put on her plate.

Jill steals your hold on the serving spoon with an amused look on her face. "I still have hands, Y/N. Masakit lang ulo ko, but I'm capable pa. Hindi mo na ako kelangang sandukan."

Her warm hands felt electrifying, and so you gave in. "Oh sige," you said before letting go of the spoon. You still scooped some corned beef for Jill though, but the younger woman paid no mind anymore.

The breakfast went on quietly, with just the occasional clicking of metal against ceramic the only sound. It's not awkward, it's even satisfying. The domesticity of the morning is comfortable.

"So I just wante—" "Nag-reply na pal—" You both started at the same time.

You both chuckled and signalled for Jill to go first.

She says, "Ayun nga, uhm, I just wanna thank you for being a great host. I truly appreciate it, Y/N." You only silently smiled in response so Jill continues, "But also, 'di ba I told you last night na 'wag nang labhan damit ko? You're so kulit!"

You giggled at being caught. "Ah, hehe. E kasi restless ako kagabi, e."

Jill's eyes widened at your answer, concerned and feeling guilty. "Hindi ka makatulog last night?" Was it because of me? Was I too malikot in my sleep? Was she uncomfortable to share the bed with me?

You can almost hear Jill's overthinking because of the expression on her eyes. It's so apparent. "Oo, pero hindi dahil sa'yo ha. Nakatulog naman ako nang maayos. Ano lang talaga, kapag nalipasan na ako ng antok... Parang nagiging kape na 'yung epekto ng alak sa'kin kaya ayun. Instead of tossing and turning last night and risk stirring you awake, naglaba na lang ako pampa-antok. Kaya kalma lang, hindi ikaw 'yung problema, Jill." You rambled.

Jill is still suspicious, though. She searches your eyes for signs of deception. "Are you telling the truth?"

You choked a little from air. "Oo nga! Bakit naman ako mag-sisinungaling? Seryoso ako, 'no." You sincerely answered. You're not lying so you're confident with yourself. "Pramis, bumalik ako sa higaan after ko magsampay. Cute mo nga matulog, e." You laughingly recalled the way Jill sleeps. She was softly snoring, definitely due to deep sleep. It was adorable, like watching a kitten nap.