11. Is this fair/unfair?

Right now, you're sitting on the chair across from your desk, waiting for the HR to send the demotion letters of those two animators. They need to learn their lessons.

You don't know why, but you didn't want to hear Yoongi's answer to Ji-hye's question so you left without hearing his reply.

Minutes later when you receive the email from HR, you call Yoongi, hoping he will have arrived to his cabin by now.

In just one ring, he picks it up, " Yes?"

" Uh, Mr. Min, I'm sending you two files now on your tab. Can you please print them out and give the papers to me as soon as possible?"

" Sure! I'll bring them to you soon"

You put the phone down and hear a knock on the door of your office.

" Come in" You say and those two animators make their way towards your desk.

" Take a seat" you order and they hesitantly sit on the chairs across from yours

" What happened, Prez?" One of them asks but you stay silent, waiting for Yoongi to show up with the papers.

He rushes inside your office and puts the papers on your desk, " here"

You hand them to the animators as they questionably look at you, " What's this?"

" These are your demotion letters. You two are demoted from the team of head Animators for spreading rumours and hate in the company as per the policy of Elysian and the contracts you signed."

Yoongi looks at you with wide eyes. He didn't get enough time to read the papers and now, this is really a big shock for him.

" Wh- what? But- we didn't do anything" one of them says and you coldly stare at her, " I, by my own ears, heard what you said about the head animator Kim Ji-hye and Secretary Min."

They glare at Yoongi as you almost shout,
" Here. I'm sitting here. You better stop your misbehaviour with the other employees before I suspend you"

Flinching in their place, they hang their head low just like the things they have done.

" If you want to file a complaint against this decision of mine to the board members, you can go ahead but if you two prove guilty then they'll directly kick you out of the company. Now you decide what do you want"

With trembling fingers they write their names on the letter and sign them while you put two blank papers in front of them, " Write an apology letter to Miss. Ji-hye and Mr. Yoongi"

After finishing the letter-writing, they hand the papers back to you and you command them to move their things to their new working place.

As they reach near the door, you stop them,
" Remember, Ji-hye and Mr. Min are here because of their skills and morals. Every employee in Elysian has their own identity just like you. I protected your job even after knowing what you did is only because of your talent. I can hire more like you but if the existing asset means employees of the company will keep on doing things like these then there's no point in hiring the new comers."

They both look at each other and then at you, nodding their head, realising their mistakes.

" I am going to post about this incident in our newsletter. The staff members really have to know about this so that they can put their trust in me, in the system of Elysian. And don't worry, your identity will stay hidden. You may go now"

Once they leave, you glance at Yoongi who flashes you a warm smile and bows to you,
" Thank you so much for taking a stand for us, Prez"

You nod while your mind contemplates whether to ask him if he's resigning or not.

He turns around to go back to his cabin but you call out his name, " Mr. Min"

Gazing over to you with his innocent cat eyes, he waits for you to speak up as you suddenly go blank.

His eyes seem so deep as if full of mystery that causes your heart to flutter in a fraction of a second.

The sunlight peeping from the window behind your desk, makes his pale face shine more beautifully.

Containing your emotions back, you ask,
" Uh, so when are you giving me the resignation letter?"

He instantly frowns, " What? But- Why? Why are you kicking me out of the company? If I did any mistake-"

" Wait - so you are not leaving this job?"

" Huh? Do you want me to leave?"

His lips form an adorable pout.

Like father, like son, you think and cease your laughter.

" No. The contract doesn't give you any permission to resign before 6 months of the job."

You declare and avert your attention on the computer to not to look desperate because of the misunderstanding that just happened.

Instead of going back to his cabin, he comes forward and puts his hand in the pocket of his pants, taking out his mobile.

He then places his mobile on your desk.

You look over at it as your eyes grow broaden,
" This was a secret between me and Jaehyun"

Yoongi has saved a few screenshots of yours and Jaehyun's chats and calls.

" Isn't this too personal Prez? You told me not to poke my nose in your matters and now you- what's this?" He gazes at his phone, indicating at the calls

You try to hold back your anger, " Jaehyun sees me as a friend so can't I even talk to my friend?"

" Your friend is my son." That mockful smile of his annoys you as you roll your eyes," A friend is a friend. My son, your son, that point doesn't count here, Mr. Min."

" Still- that's unfair" He huffs

" I don't care. If Jaehyun is happy then what's the problem?"

" He shouldn't grow attached to my boss, no?"

You remain silent, realising that you're also getting attached to his son.

His son.

And… your friend only.

He's closer to his father, his uncle and what about you? Just a badass buddy.

Little do you how much Jaehyun admires you. You can't see that for him, you've become a comfort place even though you don't express yourself enough.

Let's stay professional, Y/N.

You conclude and clearing your throat, you say," Kaizen Animations will send us the tickets and visa of Ji-hye along with two selected candidates and Mrs. Kim by next week so do not forget to check your emails time to time"

He nods, " Also, we need to start the preparation of launching event. I've made a slideshow of the whole plan. Would you like to take a look right now or tomorrow?"

With a straight expression on your face, you gaze up at him, " Why tomorrow? Are you busy in the evening?"

" Anio. But did you forget? you've a meeting with the new clients in the evening at The Savourax restaurant"

" Ah- yes! Yes! Be ready at 7. You're also coming with me"

He then quitely takes his mobile and walks out of your office.

" Sorry Jaehyun-ah! Appa won't be able to join you at the dinner tonight baby" He mumbles to himself.

He knows that his son would be upset but atleast he's glad that Seojun is there to keep him company.

It has been above a month of them spending time together and since Yoongi has to arrange money for Jaehyun's education expense, he couldn't even took an extra holiday.

(TBC)

Thank you so much for reading!
Do not forget to leave a vote and comments!

Hugs and Kisses, Tangerines 😽🍊