Chapter 6

"So you two went out and found yourself a teenager, after all?" Karen says grinning as Kara blushes under her intense gaze "Yeah I guess so, we only met her for a minute-" Lena quickly interrupts sending a quick sorry to her wife then continuing "But she made a real impression"

Sharon nods and smiles at the couple "Mia is such a great kid, and she does great in school" Karen nods and opens the backdoor "Come on back" They all sat down at the table as Sharon starts the conversation "She came into care four years ago when she was 11, ook a lot to convince her to accept placement in an adoptive home" Karen cuts in

"Her mother....Set the house on fire, passed out with a crack pipe." Sharon sighs, and glares at her friend "Before you jumped in there, is that her mother's made a lot of promises over the years and never seems to follow through with them." Lena sighs looking sadly at the 15 year old girl on the photo

"Where is her mom now?" Lena asks hoping the poor girl had escaped her mother clutches and no she was not projecting onto the kid, Karen rolls her eyes at just the thought of that women "Probably in an orange jumpsuit selling smokes in the yard" Sharon again glares at her coworker "I'm sure that's not accurate" Sharon looks over the file trying to prove her wrong "Huh. turns out Mia's mom is in jail"

Karen smirked "Who called it huh? Who said it?" Sharon rolled her eyes for what seems like the four time today "You did" Karen did a little dance "Yeah I did" Sharon continues to read and winces when she spots something "Looks like she never pursued reunification or contacted her kids in over two years, so, yeah, she's pretty much a nonissues"

Kara frowns at them still processing what has been said "That's terrible. What about the father?" Karen cocks an eyebrow "What are you talking about, father? What, are you doing comedy for us now, Kara?"

"What Karen means is that we've had plenty of fathers who have stepped up, but in this case no ID's on any birth fathers. Mia's mom is a product of the system and she never learned to properly care for herself, much less three kids." Lena's eyes seem to bulge out of her head "Th-three? Three kids?" Karen sighs a pulls out two more picture "Yes three, meet Marco and Lila"

Kara smiles at the last name remembering the Luthor, L name tradition. Lena on the other hand was freaking out "So we would have three children? Maybe two but three kids." But the more she looked at their smiling faces the more her heart broke for these kids she wanted to cuddle and kiss their cute little face "Oh god why would you show me that" Lena points at both of the women sitting in front of her "You two are assholes, They're so cute this is so wrong"

Karen points at Lila "Okay we are not going to sugarcoat it Lila is a ..... Rowdy kid, and Marco can be fragile and a little emotional and Mia is strong-willed and she won't trust easily." Kara frown and puts her hand on her heart "God can you blame her"

Sharon nods "Well, but listen we wouldn't recommend this match if we didn't believe that with some structure and love. These kids could blossom and we are trying to get them out of their current foster placement" Karen smirks at Sharon "The Muskies might lose that meal ticket" Sharon rolls her eyes

"Karen please" She then turns to the couple "Most of our foster parents are really terrific. Caring people and, yes, there are people who just do it for the paycheck." The look on Kara and Lena's face says it all "But the Muskies are not abusive or evil." Karen chuckles "Just a little inbred"

Sharon gave Karen a condescending look "Karen there is no evidence" Karen just opens her eyes wide "You've seen them" She then turns to the couple "I swear they look like brother and sister, I can't even tell them apart" Sharon cuts in "In any case I'd love to set up a visitation, unless you have any other concerns."