Chapter 5

Lena's pov:

It's finally the day we finally get to meet our little boy or girl, I can't believe it I Lena Luthor will be a foster mom in just a couple minutes. The thought filled me with both dread and unspeakable happiness, I felt like the car was going to slow yet to fast at the same time till we aren't moving anymore

Kara turns to me a huge smile spreads across her cute little face "You ready Lee" I smile and squeeze her hand "Let's do this" We get out of the car and are instantly called over by a familiar face

"Kara, Lena"I smile at Karen hoping she can't tell how nervous I am. "Hey" Kara says as I shake Karen's hand "You made It, here just sign in, and take this form with. Remember to write down the names of any kids you meet that you might be interested in"

I stare at her in shock "really?" Kara furrows her brows "It feels as If I'm shopping for a kid" Karen smiles sadly "That's kind of what It Is, It sounds messed up I know, but in the county its easier for them to match up kid with adult" Kara looks over Karen at a group of older kids. Karen follows her stare and sighs sadly "God, look at the big kids over there. Breaks my heart, most folks want nothing to do with teenagers. Of course, if you two thought you could make room for a older child" I blush

I may be a asshole because I really had no intention to foster a older kid "Umm, I mean oh god" Kara frowns "I'm sorry we-we are terrible people, I'm sorry" I look at Kara, she was adopted when when she was 12 and I knew by the look on her face that she was feeling really bad

I squeeze her hand lightly once then three stronger squeezes, Kara smiles at me and repeats the pattern. Karen looks at us and smiles "You aren't terrible people, Now get on in there and find you a family. Go on"

We enter the park and look around at the other adults interacting with the kids, until Kara starts to chuckle. I look over at her "What are you thinking about ?" Kara smiles through her giggles "It's so weird that's all" I lift a brow "Weird? How?" Kara shrugs "It's just that normally if you go up to a kid at the park and start talking to them you get arrested" I look at Kara and laugh causing her to laugh again "Okay let's go chat with some kids"

I look around for a kid that isn't with an adult out of the corner of my eye I see a little boy with jet black hair who is playing in the grass "Hey Kara look that little boy is by himself " Kara looks up "You want to go say hi?" I gulp and nod

We walk over and introduce ourselves to the little boy. His name Is Austin the conversation was flowing until I felt a tap on my shoulder "Excuse me, I'm sorry, so sorry. Occupied" The women say with venom clear in her voice

"Hey sorry-" The woman cuts Kara off "Occupied, Sorry" she says snarky at Kara "Hey, sorry" I start to apologize "Occupied!Sorry" I glare at the woman making sure Austin can't see.

As we leave I hear the women talk to the little boy "Hi Austin we got snacks" I grab Kara's hand and keep walking away from the bitchy woman.

Are hands are quickly intersected when a tall teenage boy races by holding a football "Heads up" he yells as he runs into a crowd of teenagers, October hot on his tails.

I wait till we are out of listening distance then lean over and whisper to Kara "that poor boy looked like he was running for his life" Kara chuckles and seems to relax a bit and start to crack jokes

"Hey let's go eat lunch then keep looking" Kara says as she stares at the hotdogs that were cooking only a few feet away, All throughout meal Kara kept getting distracted which was nothing like her "Hey love"

Kara looks up with a sad frustrated look on her face "yes?" I grab her hand "what's wrong" Kara stands up "I'm going to go talk to the teenagers" I laugh hoping she is joking but the look on Kara's face says otherwise "Kara" is the only thing that escapes my mouth before she is quickly walking over to the teens

I run after hoping I can stop her. The truth is that I have a hard relationship with teen years and I'm not just talking about a weird goth face (Which I did go through).

I finally manage to catch up to Kara (don't judge stilettos are hard to walk in as is, running is unheard of) "Hey babe, wait, wait ,wait I get it. It's horrible but their teenagers are ok. They do drugs and they masturbate and they watch people playing video games on youtube. And we aren't looking for that"

Kara frowns at me "I'm not going to adopt them all I'm just going to say hello" I sigh " I don't we should do that" and the argument continues till a girl with curly hair and a nose piercing cuts in "Hey, excuse me" I curse under my breath "Hey! Hey" I say hoping that she didn't hear me "hi" The girl smiles a sweet smile which made me think we were in the clear "Just fyi we can all hear you" Kara blushes and stares at the ground while I just hum in response hoping to get out of this as fast as possible

"I said we can all hear you dugs, masturbate and so fourth, I just want to say that we don't need your pity we know how this goes" She says waving us off towards the little kid area "So just go on its ok, have fun with the kiddos"

3rd person pov:

Awkward and tense moments were normal after a weird tense situation but this car ride was so awkward for both women. Lena looks over at Kara hoping would start the conversation, but the look on Kara's face said that she was not going to comply with Lena's wish.

"Kara" Lena says, Kara doesn't look over but grunts to show Lena she is listening "can we talk about what happened?" Lena whispers her nervousness shining through in her voice.

Kara sighs and pulls into the car into the driveway "Let's talk inside I don't think we should do this in the car" Kara says as she agists the Kara and runs around the corner of the car to open Lena's door

No matter what Kara and Lena showed affection for each other, even when they were mad at each other they held hands and showed little bits of affection, It was there way of saying 'Hi I'm here I love you we are going to get through this'

Lena and Kara quickly walk into the house hand in hand "I'll get the tea on" Lena says as she runs to the kitchen while Kara gives Puppygenius some love "Hey buddy, how was your day?" Kara waits a second then nods as if comprehending what he said "How interesting?" Lena walks in holding mugs filled with tea "What did he say?" Kara looks up at her wife with a serious expression "He said that a crime has been committed" Lena gasps "Oh no, what happened"

"He was not given enough affection today" Lena puts the cups down on the coffee table and proceeds to cuddle the puppy in front of them. "Kara, can we talk now?" Lena asks as she looks up at her wife, nervousness shines through her face. "Okay let's talk?" Lena grabs Kara's hands "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said what I said" Kara nods but her frown is still promante on her face.

"Why would you say that though? Even if we adopt a young kid we will deal with them as teens later in life" Kara's sad face turns pissed the more she thinks about what happened "And guess what Lena we masterbate and I did drugs as a teen and....." before Lena knows it Kara is crying softly and trying to hide her face.

For a minute the world stops for Lena, as she watches the love life break down, the world seems to have quieted down to see what happens next. Lena softly grabs Kara's hands and pulls her into her lap, then slowly lowers her lips to Kara's ear and whispers "I'm so so so sorry my love, I shouldn't have said that ''. Lena then whispers words of encouragement to soothe her crying wife, Kara looks up at her once she has calmed down. "What was her name?" Lena frowns at Kara not understanding what she meant "Who?"

"The girl" Lena pause then say "Mia"