29

ALANI

Jealousy was a foreign concept to me. Until Valerio entered my life, that is.

I was jealous of a fake scenario, something that held no truth to it. It was the mere thought of him touching someone else that tormented me. Of him kissing anyone else. If he fucked anybody that wasn't me. The feeling was bitter, and I was engulfed by it.

Valerio had communicated his loyalty to me, but I needed to feel it and when his hands held my waist and lips ran along the side of my neck, I knew that he wanted me to feel it too.

I inhaled deeply and breathed out a long sigh, the stress of the day diminishing the second he kissed my skin.

It was almost sinful how good his touch felt.

I took a small step backwards, yearning to have him closer to me and I felt his zipper against my covered ass. He was already hard—straining against the material of his pants and the desire to feel him deep inside of me hit harder than before.

"Do you have any idea how much I missed you?" Valerio whispered, his lips moving against my skin as he spoke and I felt him kiss me again.

His hands on my waist slid to my hips and his grip tightened, a soft and low groan sounding from his throat. I swallowed hard, unable to stop myself from pushing further into him.

Fuck—I needed to feel him and I couldn't wait any longer. Especially after I spent the entire afternoon thinking he had a whole fucking secret family.

Despite all of that, the reassurance he gave—the validation he gave me for how I felt, it unknowingly drew me closer to him.

"I missed you more," I murmured quietly, feeling the lips on my neck stretching into a gentle smile.

"You did?" Valerio's hushed voice was muffled by my skin as he never stopped kissing me.

I turned around in hold, nearly losing my breath at the small glimpse of desperation his face. Valerio wasn't afraid to express his inner emotions, and that had me reaching up to cup his cheek in my palm.

He let out a sigh of content as his eyes fluttered closed and he leaned into my touch, not bothering to hide that he was completely captivated by such a simple action.

When my thumb ran across his bottom lip, I was met by those diabolically beautiful eyes. "I did."

Valerio leaned his forehead against mine, the hold on my waist never faltering. "Don't ever fucking ignore me again," he breathed but he wasn't scolding me—he was practically pleading.

"I won't," I confirmed knowing that if Valerio ignored me, I'd assume the worst. "I'm sorry—"

"Don't apologise," he said, lifting his hand to stoke his fingers over my collarbones. "Just promise me that the next time you doubt me, you'll talk to me first."

"I promise."

"My good girl," he said, bending down to give me a kiss on the lips. My good girl. I liked the sound for that, instantly wanting to hear him say it again until every part of it was engraved into my memory.

Valerio pulled away and I realised that he had only given me a peck. It wasn't nearly enough for how badly I craved him and I longed for more immediately.

My hand slipped around the back of his neck, forcing him to my height and I kissed him again.

Valerio gasped into my mouth, not expecting it but I couldn't hold back. I had no intentions of holding back. My tongue scraped his lower lip and I sucked, showing him that nothing had changed between us.