Chapter 10: Long Time no See...

"Sarah! Basho!" I cried through gritted teeth. I bolted for them but I couldn't go anywhere because of the ropes. "Sarah!" I said again. Sarah was a closest friend with my Mother, that's what I heard, and Basho  was a skilled fighter. Maybe Sarah can help me find my parents. I hope. I tugged on the ropes again, then turned around to see the humans. I studied the noises and babbles, the movement they made with their mouths. I growled for them to let me go.

They looked at me, then at each other, babbled something again and tugged me away from Sarah and Basho. I tried to bark but then they pulled out the whip and started lightly hitting me. The "Tougher" one had his teeth gritted and anger in his eyes. I started walking and they were putting me in a lone, dark cage. I sighed and walked to the darkest of the prison. They removed the ropes that I was dragged around with but not the tight ropes on my mouth. 

 They looked at me again for the 100th time and closed the gates and doors.Can't I just scratch them when they come back? I thought as a vision of pools of blood everywhere and my claws and fur stained with my mess. Nope. I sighed again and shook my head, clearing the visions. There was no light, Just darkness. I tried to at least find an exit. I started panicking and felt like I was losing air, and hope. I barked as loud as I could. Then a loud thud happened above me.

Then I realized there was wood planks above me as some sunlight faintly glimmered down between the little spaces. I kept my ears up and my eyes on the ceiling, then I heard movement and a wolf or dog yelp out a cry of pain. The whips. The whips that feel like stinging rays when they hit your body as you collapse with pain. I started wheezing as the incredible heat was killing me. I barked again and someone answered.

"Basho? Sarah?" I tried to say with agony from the tight ropes. "Hello?" I tried again. I clutched my jaw. Then someone thundering down some stairs stopped at my cage, opened the gate and entered. With a whip in his hand, bite marks in his arms and a scar across his face. He narrowed his eyes at me and started forward. I barked and growled at him. He didn't flinch or move. Silent as a mouse. He grabbed at my neck and threw me to the ground and silence fell and everything faded to black. Again.