Chapter 5: The Truth

I yelped and ducked down as the sound of growling was in my ear. Sophie squeaked in fear and ran behind me. I remembered my powers. I stood up to see the black creature. It was a wolf with a white patch on its chest. I recognized the wolf and backed away. That was the wolf my mother bit Into his neck. He was growling and looking down at me. He was big and hairy. He snorted and looked at Sophie. She curled into a ball to try not to look at him.

I stared right into his big dark green eyes. It looked like he had fire in them. I clenched my jaws and prayed my powers would happen, it was nighttime and the moon was shining bright. "What are you doing here?" He said with a dark and strong voice. I was still looking at him. "H..-" I couldn't speak. I was too scared to talk. "Speak." He growled through his white, sharp teeth. I wanted to, but I think I lost my voice. Sophie stopped hiding behind me and stood at my side.

She put her paw on mine. She was so helpful when you need it. "I...I will speak," I said, in a shaky voice. I looked at Sophie, then at the wolf. "First you have to answer my question," I straitened up myself. "Where is my mother?" I felt tears burning in my eyes. He glanced at me and took a step forward. "You mean the wolf who bit me?" He asked. I got even more scared, but it was for the best. I nodded. He closed his eyes for a moment and opened them.

I was scared to know the truth. "Why should I tell you if you are her son? The son of the wolf who injured me badly?" He said. I wanted to cry. I know there was a reason why my mother hurt him. "I don't know." I said, a tear ran down my face. He didn't seem mad. He looked really sad. He looked at me if he cared. Why would my mother bite a wolf who looked like a really nice wolf. "Look, I don't really know, but all I know is that I wanted to help her,"

He said in a low, sad voice. "After the war started she was determined to stop the war. She thought I started it. I tried to tell her I didn't during the war but she thought I was going to hurt you so she bit me." He looked like he was gonna cry, but at the same time he looked like he can hurt you. There were patches of no hair on his back and a scar on his eye. I wanted to ask him more but I didn't. I know how it feel not to be trusted for something that wasn't your fault.