Chapter 7: Deadly Sleep

It was time. Everyone was ready and in place. But then a sharp pain came from my leg, I got dizzy. The world going back and forth in front of me. "No," I said.  "What's-w-" I looked at my leg and there was a thing that was in a tubular shape and was stabbing into me. I looked at the burning forest. "No." I said again. I fell and was trapped in darkness. "Wake up." I heard from the darkness. "Wake up before-" The voice was saying and stopped. As if listening.

Then there was a cry of pain. That sound was familiar. A flash back from the past. I was there, in the forest. Where the war begun. Where I was tiny and helpless.  But I was out of my body. I watched myself rise from my bed and let my spirit take over. Then back to the darkness I go.  "I need you.." Said the voice. "TO DIE." A big white wolf appeared and was trying to kill me. But I knew that wolf. I yelped with fear. I ran as fast as I could. The dark floor crumbling behind me.

I slipped and was too late and fell. Fell into the void. Then I woke up. "NO!" I said breathing heavily and getting up. "Whoa, whoa, easy." Said a male wolf. He placed his paw on my forehead and slowly pushed my back down onto the mossy bed. "Easy." He said calmly. "What happened?" I asked. The wolf picked up the thing that was sticking out of my leg. "It made you faint, and a couple others too." He said as he played with it in his paw. 

My eyes got wider and looked to the side and a whole line of wolves in mossy beds knocked out by the deadly sleeping thing. "No, no, no, no, NO!" I said with rage and anger. "HOW?" The male wolf shook his head and put his paw on my mouth. "Sorry, just got mad." I said more calmer. He nodded then smiled. "I'm here if you need me." He said while walking away. I looked at my leg that was wrapped with leaves and vines. I remembered my nightmare. And the wolf.

 I just need to focus and remember. I closed my eyes and relaxed. I remembered the burning forest and the prisoner. "What happened to the burning forest, and the prisoner, and my Aunt and-" I was saying to the male wolf who helped me earlier but he cut me off. "Everything is fine. The humans started the fire by stumbling over a tree while carrying a torch and fire started and your Aunt and you Uncle are resting." "Good." I said with relief and flopped down onto the bed.